• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gopro extension mount for sled - info needed

H
Dec 5, 2011
Enumclaw, WA
I'm wondering if anyone has used one of these gopro camera mounted extensions for their sleds that are out there and what their opinion is of them? One brand would be "The Arm" from Gopole, Eye on Mine carbon fiber extender tube, and the Smatree gopro mount that extends from 7 to 12 inches. I need to know which one would bounce around the least and would be the best bang for my buck, because the Eye of Mine is pretty pricey. I thought about building one, but I would rather just buy one and be done with it. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Always war

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2012
Utah
I use "the arm" go pole. It vibrates at idle, but once you throttle up it smooths out. Works well!

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
VuVantage!!

The inventor is a sledder and a veteran (and a friend of mine).
He buys the components and assembles them himself in the garage.

Get the backpack mount for the over-the-shoulder 3rd person POV.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
I use a Manfrotto variable friction arm with super clamp. It's a bullet proof setup, but cost a little more than 'gopro' specific setups as it's pro camera gear.. I've wrecked into numerous trees with this, put a good 50+ miles on my setup and still going strong.

http://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-244...NU/ref=sr_1_78?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1414435053

http://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-035RL-Super-Clamp-Standard/dp/B0018LQVIA/ref=pd_bxgy_p_text_y

Check my latest vid for some angles with it. All shots from the sled are with Manfrotto. Plus it's hella fun to say.

Premium Features