• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tek Vests For Kids a Must

D

dragon12

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
To start off, there was someone on here last winter and posted that kids should wear tek vests. He told the story about how he accidentally hit a rock or stump or ??? and his kiddo hit the handlebars and was seriously injured. I want to say thanks for your post and you probably saved a little girl serious injuries today.

My daughter was riding in front of my dad today at the Snowies. He went off the road just like other sleds had done and he hit a sink hole in front of a tree and came to an abrupt stop from approx. 10-15 mph. He was thrown over the top, and my daughter stayed on the machine. Her helmet came off in the accident, but I think it must have been pulled off by my dad when he flew over her. When she stopped crying all that was wrong was she bumped her hand. I hate to think what might have been had she not have been wearing her tek vest. A lot of things went wrong, but a lot of things went right.

If the guy's that helped us get his sled out are on here, thanks and here's a :beer; for you.

DSC02618.jpg

DSC02620.jpg

DSC02625.jpg

Premium Features