• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS TSS Question

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Super interested !!

So.......are most using it as a "just in case / fix" or just installing it right away (as long as you have a tether) and running with it all the time??? Just curious????

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Super interested !!

So.......are most using it as a "just in case / fix" or just installing it right away (as long as you have a tether) and running with it all the time??? Just curious????

I put them in and run them- cause with my luck I will forget which bag i put them in when I am really needing them ..LOL!
Got one on my Axys- and one on my Pro- and with tethers!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
On a side note but related...........

Correct me if I'm wrong with regard to the TSS bypass,

You could run this with the Silber Turbo setup but not a Boondocker Sidekick???????

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
On a side note but related...........

Correct me if I'm wrong with regard to the TSS bypass,

You could run this with the Silber Turbo setup but not a Boondocker Sidekick???????

I know a lot of my customers run it with the Silber setup, but in all honesty I am personally uneducated as to what would make the Boondocker Sidekick not run with it? Stand alone ECU? or ?

Very few turbos here in Alaska as our easily accessible riding is from sea level to about 6500 {Even though we have the majority of the tallest peaks in North America}, there is no road access to most of them.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I'm pretty sure that the Sidekick kit uses a control box that takes into account different variables including the throttle position? Again, I'm not 100% but I think........that eliminating or bypassing the TSS would affect this???

Maybe someone with some direct experience could chime in ????

I know the Silber is not tied to the TPS at all, so it should work without issue on the Silber kit.

I know a lot of my customers run it with the Silber setup, but in all honesty I am personally uneducated as to what would make the Boondocker Sidekick not run with it? Stand alone ECU? or ?

Very few turbos here in Alaska as our easily accessible riding is from sea level to about 6500 {Even though we have the majority of the tallest peaks in North America}, there is no road access to most of them.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I'm pretty sure that the Sidekick kit uses a control box that takes into account different variables including the throttle position? Again, I'm not 100% but I think........that eliminating or bypassing the TSS would affect this???

Maybe someone with some direct experience could chime in ????

I know the Silber is not tied to the TPS at all, so it should work without issue on the Silber kit.

The tps and tss have nothing to do with each other.

Tss is a kill switch that must see the right resistance.
And Thats all it is.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
The tps and tss have nothing to do with each other.

Tss is a kill switch that must see the right resistance.
And Thats all it is.

Okay, thanks for the clarification, as I wasn't 100% sure with regard to these turbo kit applications????

I guess I was thinking both are dealing directly with the throttle and with the electronics on board and reprogramming with these kits, I wasn't sure if there could be an issue?????

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
The bypass works on both. As stated they are two completely different sensors doing two different things. The BD kit does use the TPS but nothing to do with the TSS.

I have bypassed both kits with zero issues.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Have a few of the early season 100 left and just received shipping notification that the 100 BO'd resistors will ship Monday. So if you want one or some PM me for the details.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
Pm sent for 3. For clarification, these will work on pro ride and axys?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Pm sent for 3. For clarification, these will work on pro ride and axys?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes the TSS has been functionally the same since the PRO Ride Chassis' debut with the 2010 Rush and the 2011 RMK and the same resistance value and connector has been carried over to all the AXYS chassis sleds.

Last edited:
Premium Features