• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nelson BC - Annual Hillclimb Comp and Charity Ride!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Come check out our Nelson Sno-Goers annual Charity Ride and Hill Climb Competition! This event is ALWAYS well attended and ALWAYS tons of fun. First ever "Retro" sled class....so drag that old Phazer, XLT, or Liquifire out of the barn.

We got fresh snow this week, conditions should be great. Come to climb chutes, watch the action, or just hang out. Prizes, food, hot chocolate, and tunes on site.

Feb 9th....it's a long weekend, so you might want to stick around and check out the other riding around the West Kootenays too! Ask me questions on here or PM....thanks!

Jason

PosterJPEG_zpsb7c7ee1e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Club Website:
http://nelsonsno-goers.webs.com/newsevents.htm

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/nelsonsnogoers

Hill Climb Site:

IMGP0601.jpg

IMGP0603.jpg

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
As much as anywhere in the area I suppose....it's about the same elevation as Whitewater which has a 6' base in the alpine...can't imagine it's not similar. Personally, haven't been up there since right around new years. At that time, it was a little bony but enough snow to take shots at the usual hillclimb liine. So should be great! Forecast has changed a bit....supposed to get a little snow today and tomorrow....then clear on Sunday. That would be awesome....it has been nice blue skies at this event for quite a few years, would be nice to see that again!

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
No matter the conditions it'll be a good time! Good weather and fresh snow is just a bonus!

So just to know im actually looking at the right area... Is this in the right general area? And will there be signs or anything along those lines helping us find the place?

Screen Shot 2014-02-07 at 2.30.07 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2014-02-07 at 2.30.47 PM.jpg

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
That is correct. Generally there has been signage in the past, but I can only comment on the 6-Mile side. Usually tons of people headed in the same direction so it`s straight forward.

In your 2nd picture, `Lemon Creek Rd` that follows the creek up is the one. Follow that, stay on the mainline and you`ll be good. If you follow that up on google maps, you`ll see where it gets close to 6-Mile Lakes....the 2 roads connect right there. The map doesn`t show them connecting but they 100% do. It is a noticeable intersection with a groomed trail coming up from 6-Mile. It`s a great beverage stop so there are usually people hanging out there too. From there, it is a highway and there will be tons of people.

I have not done the Slocan access so not much help there. I can tell you it is the shortest sled ride to the mine, but the longest truck drive obviously if you live around Nelson or C gar. See ya up there!

Last edited:
Premium Features