• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any help would be great ? 13 pro rmk 600 clutching

P
Jan 2, 2009
I know most guys out west run 800 and bigger . I ride in the up of michigan and a 600 works well for me .. Looking to wake it up a little with some clutching any suggestions would be great thanks guys

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
my top three would be roosterbuilt ,mds,carls
with clutching it seems better to get a kit that works rather
than piecing it together
most kits are springs ,weights, helix ,derlin washers

good luck

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
11-64's and black/pink in the primary, 66/44-.46, black/purple and delrins in the secondary.

G
Jan 16, 2009
Golden Co
I live in colorado and ride a 12' 600. They flat out rip. Mine has a wrap on it so it doesnt say 600 on it and everyone alway thinks its an 8. Don't know how much waking up they need??:face-icon-small-ton

P
Jan 2, 2009
I live in colorado and ride a 12' 600. They flat out rip. Mine has a wrap on it so it doesnt say 600 on it and everyone alway thinks its an 8. Don't know how much waking up they need??:face-icon-small-ton

I get where I need to go fine but more is always better . No ? Lol thanks guys

D
I have found the best clutch kit available is to put a 800 behind the clutch. You will get a lot more response for sure. Just what everyone needs is another smart A$$.
Our suggestion is to:
Before you start calling for info get all your data written done on paper.
Sled make and cc
Track size and length
Your weight with your gear on
How much gear do you carry on the sled
What kind of fuel do you run
Any motor mods
Kind of terrain you ride
Average elevation
The last question to answer is to decide "what is the sled NOT doing"
Do you want to come out of the hole faster?
Do you like to ride slow in the tree's
High speed riding,
Slow speed riding!!!!
All these conditions can be adjusted with just a few simple changes. If you want to come off the line quicker put a primary spring that has a higher bottom number. Keep in mind you can over complicate this process very easily. Stick to the basics. Every cultch shop has a clutch kit that is better than anything else on the market. Kits are general and made to fit lots of different riders and conditions. You are unique and require adjustments to most pre made kits. Please don't get me wrong.....I run the Carl's Cycle kit on my sled with a few minor adjustments. It works great. However I did not like it out of the box. SLP has a great option and it's less money. Shop around and you will find just what you need.
We rebuild clutch's everyday. Do we have our own clutch kit...NO. There are way to many out there now. A lot of people have spent hundred of hours testing and developing kits. Why reinvent the wheel.
These are my personal thoughts. This is a great forum to get info to start your search. Good Luck

Last edited:
Premium Features