• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

modular helmet with visor for wife

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
hey guys my wife wants a modular style helmet with a visor, kinda like a dual sport style if you know what im saying? anyways have any of you used one for snowmobiling or is there a sled specific one?

FirstPlaceParts

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Mina, SD
www.FirstPlaceParts.com
Modular Helmet

Most of us old guys remember the old open face helmets because that is all there was, and then we upgraded to the full face helmets. Eventually we started riding with the moto style helmets. With that said when I went to a full face helmet in the 80's I ordered one with a electric shield and loved it, I've since moved on to the mx style helmet.

If she is not stuck on getting a modular helmet a full face with an electric shield is great. If she really wants a modular helmet we have 4 options on our web site. The electric shield ones do need a cord running to the helmet but once you get used to it you don't even know it is there, plus you won't need to run it all the time, just store the cord for the times you may need it. I've ridden in sleet storms & foggy conditions when other riders have had to either ride with their shield up or scrape it off constantly but with the electric shield it just melted away like the rear window of your car.

Some of the modular helmets also have the electric shield option as well. Here are a few of links, if you have any questions about the helmets send me a PM and I'll get back to you.

All Helmets
Full Face Helmets
Modular Helmets

This FXR Modular Helmet with electric shield would be a good bet, FXR makes a nice quality product: FXR Modular Helmet

Thanks
Mark

j96simmons

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2013
Lovell Maine
modular style helmet with a visor

I never seen a modular helmet with a visor like a mx or dual sport.
Only the internal retractable sun visors that are built in.

I have a gmax GM54s modular helmet and love it ... the only complaint I have with it is like with all modular helmets they are on the heavy side I also have a gmax GM11s dual sport helmet I did not ride with it yet but I got it because the GM54s is so heavy ... Both are size large and have electric shields.

I have a back that gives me a fit from time to time that's why I'm concerned about weight... But something to think about when shopping for your wife.

GM54S.jpg gm11s.jpg

R

ripalip2

Jan 23, 2008
everett wa.
friends of ours have the skidoo b2vs helmets, one thing that i see is nice is when we stop for a short break they can pull the chin piece down and have a drink or quick snack without taking the helmet off, i have had the heated visors before and the problem i had is the visor gets warm and the inner shield will delam so if it's not plugged in it will fog and the cord is a pain in the a$$, maybe if you just do trails it will be find but if your out in the trees it is just something else to loose, doing the mx style with googles this year

Premium Features