• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

avalanche training in Helena montana Jan 9th

copteazer

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Helena Montana
Helena Snowdrifters, and MTFWP

Is hosting an

AVALANCHE AWARENESS
AND TRAINING CLASS

by the

Gallatin Avalanche Center

on Sunday January 9th at
The Maco Building on Airport Rd in Helena MT

We will also have Transceiver practice at the
End of the class, so bring your avalanche transceivers

The Class will be held from 9am to 4:30pm

This is a Free Class, Everyone is Welcome
Please call Chad at 406 439-8253 with any questions

X

XXL

Jan 18, 2006
Wilsall, Montana
Got two from over here and two from over there that really want to and need to attend. It is on our schedule, heck I still don't know what I'm doing tomorrow!!!! Thanks for hosting the class. Hope to see you there.

copteazer

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Helena Montana
thanks For coming. We are working with the avalanche center about doing a more advance class hopefully this year as well. That details on-site beacon testing, shoveling, more indepth about the info that was shown today in real life situations. Will keep you all inform if this class will be offered. This class will require a sign up sheet.

copteazer

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Helena Montana
I forgot to ask. Did you learn anything new or have any questions that wasn't answered. Please join us again if we offer another class and bring your friends and club members

X

XXL

Jan 18, 2006
Wilsall, Montana
It was a good basic class. I had been to another basic class probably 20 years ago, so I was way over doo for for the update, the beacon search, the boxing portion was new for me, as was the fight like hell to stay uphill and let as much snow go by as possible. I don't remember who taught the class back then. It was get close and start with the probes. The young feller I had along is the son of a friend, I took him sledding last year and he got hooked, he bought a 09 Cat last month (broke my heart:face-icon-small-win) I wanted to get him to a class ASAP. His dad and uncle were no shows. We will make every effort to make the second class. Thank you for your effort to make us all safer!!

copteazer

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Helena Montana
I finally know who you were the title says it all xxl. Man can you find bibs that tall. Yeah I a ski doo fan myself rode the cat last year but its not a doo. I take every class that is around my area. Its never get to much info to stay alert on avalanche dangers or conditions. Did you see that someone was kill on Saturday in Hungry horse area. Three were buried but the two were able to get them selfs out but they lost their friend. Same idea never be on the hill at the same time. I will keep you inform of others if I heard something. thanks for coming again.

X

XXL

Jan 18, 2006
Wilsall, Montana
If you go to the flathead section I think the guys that posted were on the trail on the way out when they got hit by a slide that started up high. Scary stuff. I wear tall xxl Klim's and gaiters under them so the bibs can slide up my legs and not leave any open spots. Ride safe!!

Premium Features