• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation and Review: SKINZ Under the Tunnel Nytro Exhaust Kit (Review Now Posted)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This afternoon my Skinz Protective Gear Under the Tunnel Exhaust kit arrived. from Sled Solutions (http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=164_96&products_id=740)

While I have not yet done the install, I wanted to let everyone know what was built and shipped to me.

Some may ask why I bother with the photos of the shipping material. Having been in custom manufacturing, HOW a specialty product is packed and shipped to the customer says ALOT about the overall quality of the product itself.

Skinz packaging and shipping was FIRST RATE! Everything arrived INTACT, extremely well wrapped and boxed.

The overall quality of the finished product "Appears" to be excellent!
The beauty of the welds speaks volumes all by itself.

As summer rolls along and I get this installed, I will add more to this post.

The Box
picture.php

The contents
(note my under the tunnel exhaust came packed with my new rear bumper, and the muffler was TOTALLY Isolated from the bumper)
picture.php

The Muffler wrapped
picture.php

The Muffler
picture.php

The unwrapped Muffler
picture.php

Header Flange
picture.php

Inside Header Flange
picture.php

Exhaust Tip
picture.php

Inside Exhaust Tip
picture.php

Tunnel Plate.
picture.php

Underside.
picture.php

Closeup of Front.
picture.php

True Weight on the Scale.
picture.php

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Looks pretty straight forward.
Only thing I am concerned about is the sound volume from the Super-Q.
I am hoping that since it is UNDER the tunnel and will have some snow packed around it that the sound level will not be annoying.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Gotcha.
There isn't a whole lot to the cover plate.
A couple bends and 2 welds and thats about it.

Not really sure what more they could have done.
Maybe have it powdercoated as well??

P
Apr 25, 2010
Morrison, CO
I got mine delivered and already mounted and ready to rock. Easy to install and only took 1 night after work to start and complete. I did not order the sweet Skinz seat seat because my budget is thin, though I definitely wanted to. The sound is louder, though sounds good. I don't think it will be annoying at all once in the snow. I am going to really like having that space in the back for gear and not have to worry. I have pics, though I'm a noob and knucklehead to this whole forum thing...tried, got frustrated, gave up

Johnny

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Cool.
Last night I took off the rear bumper and removed the side reflectors in preparation of installing the new rear bumper.

Thinking I might take the new exhaust cover plate and have it powdercoated as well to match up with the seat.

There is plenty of it showing, so I might as well make it look nice...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The rear bumper they make is gorgious.
Last night I was trying to remove the foot braces in preperation to begin cutting the boards off the tunnel.

2 bolts are fighting back hard.
Snapped off the head of one Hex Key, and Stripped another hex key.

Will try to get the bolts out again tonight.

05REVSTER

Feb 19, 2008
Manitoba Canada
www.youtube.com
The rear bumper they make is gorgious.
Last night I was trying to remove the foot braces in preperation to begin cutting the boards off the tunnel.

2 bolts are fighting back hard.
Snapped off the head of one Hex Key, and Stripped another hex key.

Will try to get the bolts out again tonight.

Brother I feel your pain. Those damn allen head are soft metal and torqued on tight. I've had 3 strip on me. Pain in the arse.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yup.
Sucks!

Just got all four of them out.
Getting close to being finished with all the "removal Phase" so I can begin the Install and get these reviews moving forward at last.

Fireman35

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2009
Burlington,WI
Chris you want to have some fun add a supercharger in the mess. Im a carpenter not a gear head and that was exciting when that thing stated and ran after having in all those pieces. Have fun with that project

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I "MIGHT" put the blower on her next summer.
But right now I just don't need the power.
Need to learn to be a better pilot of the machine before I up the power...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
After more than just a bit of work, I finally got the seat off and the old exhaust removed from the sled, leaving a rather large hole...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
After some thought I have decided to send the cover plate back to Skinz and have them powdercoat it Yamaha Blue to match all the other accessories.
picture.php

picture.php

And after speaking with them, I am attaching some of their High Temperature Heat Reflective Matting to the underside to make sure the powdercoating doesn't burn off or the cargo bad that sits on it doesn't fry.

480_SPG_High_Temp_Reflective_Film_HTR100_-_HTR200_Pic.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Got the exhaust pipe installed today.

Skins uses the Yamaha Braded Exhaust gasket from inside of the stock muffler. This has to be removed and then inserted into the new Skinz Muffler.

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
After messing with it I found it was much easier to get the new muffler to mate up to the exhaust header pipe by putting the gasket on it, rather than down inside of the muffler, and then sliding the muffler over the gasket on the header.
picture.php

Premium Features