• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Doo Really Screwed Up This Time !!

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Heard a bad rumor that the two best dealers in the west for mountain machines are either closing shop or dropping the Doo line. Mr R's and Motortech have had enough of the poor treatment from BRP. I guess when you build a heap like the XP and the company won't help you its time to say good riddens !

Its too bad for the consumer. These guys are the most knowledgeable in the business. Randy has been one of the greatest Doo guys in the sport.

Guys will have to deal with poor dealers like Bow Ridge in Cochrane who don't have a clue. Very sad indeed !

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
More too Doo with the economy, than anything else.

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for another informative thread Summitboy..................go for a Virago ride with Slick, will ya:beer;

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
More likely the economy like CRFfred said---alot of dealers have not had the money to pay Doo what is owed them--economy---We had one in our area that lost the Doo line---Neither Doo or the buisness wanted to part ways--But money has a way of doing that--Credit can only be extended for so long before Doo has to collect it or collect the equipment back.

As for the XP's being junk---LMAO---You are way uninformed.

H20SKE...

Last edited:
L

lucky13

Nov 26, 2007
northern utah
Heard a bad rumor that the two best dealers in the west for mountain machines are either closing shop or dropping the Doo line. Mr R's and Motortech have had enough of the poor treatment from BRP. I guess when you build a heap like the XP and the company won't help you its time to say good riddens !

Its too bad for the consumer. These guys are the most knowledgeable in the business. Randy has been one of the greatest Doo guys in the sport.

Guys will have to deal with poor dealers like Bow Ridge in Cochrane who don't have a clue. Very sad indeed !

didnt you buy a yamaha why do you care?

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I heard they are fed up with Doo politics. Take it for what its worth. If it is true i will be sad to see them go. Motortech was awesome to deal with. Never had any dealings with R's. Maybe its just a big nasty rumor, but i highly doubt it. I do own a XP for those who think i'm on here causing trouble. We all know from 2007 to present the Doo sleds have been hardly perfect, tons of warranty issues. I know you die hard Doo fans can't stand to hear anything negative about the beloved XP. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, if its BS i will be happy to retract this post !

Last edited:
P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Sure hope its not true. The service from Motor Tech is why I have been riding ski-doo for so many years.

Having to deal with the Martin Equipment type dealers......yikes!

DooTraxx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Calgary, AB
More likely the economy like CRFfred said---alot of dealers have not had the money to pay Doo what is owed them--economy---We had one in our area that lost the Doo line---Neither Doo or the buisness wanted to part ways--But money has a way of doing that--Credit can only be extended for so long before Doo has to collect it or collect the equipment back.

As for the XP's being junk---LMAO---You are way uninformed.

H20SKE...

What I am hearing is these dealers have had enough with the lack of support from Doo and that they can no longer afford to keep fixing this junk under warranty and then have to fight with Doo to get there money.

As for the XP's being junk---I second that motion---these things wear out parts faster than you can fix them. When they are working they work good, unfortunately there is more days when they are not working.

Last edited:
B

bigbird

Nov 26, 2007
edmonton area
www.rushmotorsports.ca
Motor Tech has been for sale for quite awhile. I actually looked into it. The small volume dealers just can't make it work. same reason there is no yammi dealer in Golden the numbers don't work. Nobody wanted to buy it so they are closing up shop. On another note, have had nothing but excellent service from Martin Motorsports. and too whoever claims Doo charges dealer fees, you are wrong. there are no fees once you awarded the dealership.

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington

why dont you attack the ba$terds on on wall street and ceos steeling the billions of dollars that our money and the media for the bs on the economy so people are to afraid to spend.

snowlovers

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Utah and Meeker Colo.
Doo problems

Well me and the wife has been riding cats for 25 years,very few problems never and engine problem, bought 2 new xps, so far have had a broken motor bolt, both have low compression and will have to rebuid top end, push button reverse doesn't work on either, assume it is because of low compression. Hand and thumb warmers have went out twice. We use the very best oil money can buy, dont ride that hard still have original belts ,have around 2k miles. Probably will trade them off for next year.

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
Good point Matt!!!

i figure this is a greenie cuntspirosy they wont be happy until all the blue blooded americans are working yogart and tofo stands and riding segways
were newtering our own freedom and dreams that built this country
the day some prick can steal 54 million bucks and walk down the street with out getting shot? realy????

WHAT A F$CK!!!!!

Last edited:
D

duch17

Nov 26, 2007
I was talking to a guy yesterday about this and he said he heard a rumour that Mr R;s was going to move High River.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Mr'rs has been selling doo for 25yrs....thats alot of sleds and knowledge going down the drain. Ken has been great over the years and will be missed by all his doo customers. From calgary south we dont have a dealer....gonna hurt market share for sure. Wonder if any dealer is gonna step up????

Premium Features