• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Finding DC power on a 06 M-7

mt st helens

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
vancouver, wa
Who has solved the problem of getting enough DC power out of a 06 M-7? I am running a Turbo (two fuel pumps and PL box),EGT's,DC headlight and tail light and O'2 sensor. I need more DC power. Does someone know how much power the rectifier that came with my BD turbo kit puts out? It now just runs my second fuel pump and no longer runs my secondary fuel injectors.

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
Who has solved the problem of getting enough DC power out of a 06 M-7? I am running a Turbo (two fuel pumps and PL box),EGT's,DC headlight and tail light and O'2 sensor. I need more DC power. Does someone know how much power the rectifier that came with my BD turbo kit puts out? It now just runs my second fuel pump and no longer runs my secondary fuel injectors.

sorry man u could upgrade to an m8 or talk to shain ( producttester ) about this but this is one of the reasons i dont have the turbo on my m7 anymore ! everyone is upgrading to the m8's and they run flawless with the m7 kit ! good luck ! i realy dont think there is anything u can do other than do shains fix for the BD kit seems to work better !
mike:D

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
I put a battery and a charging circuit off the lighting coil and did away with all the lights and used the pump 12v for the O2 and Powervalves the battery will run the pumps anmd injectors sux eitherway finally went with a Dragon8T

mt st helens

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
vancouver, wa
So can the stator be rewound or can it be upgraded to the M-8 electrical system. Is the 09 M-1000 the same electrical as the 06 M-7. Is that why they are having problems too? Pick a question any question.

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
So can the stator be rewound or can it be upgraded to the M-8 electrical system. Is the 09 M-1000 the same electrical as the 06 M-7. Is that why they are having problems too? Pick a question any question.

doubt u can upgrade to the m8 cause it has 4 sparkplugs ! no idea on the other Q's
mike

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Snobunge has a $50 kit with everything you need. Small battery, mounting kit, wiring and an outlet. 1 1/2 lbs. total weight. I just read about this in snow tech. Its called Accessory power cell. Battery is 2' by3.75" by 1.75"

Last edited:
S

ski569

Oct 24, 2008
m7t wiring

I have a 06 m7t and wired the aux fuel pump,boondocker box with the secondary injecters to the cap/rectifier, my koso o2 and tach is wired to yello wire from main fuel pump works great but i dont run a tail light or head light. I would keep an eye on you're fuel pressure if it doesnt have enough juice it could loose pressure and run lean i haven't had any issues but know people who have with running head lights,tail lights if you see you're pressure go down i would unplug youre lights. I have seen the battery work but have'nt tried it my self if you need i have all my intructions still and could send them to you.

Premium Features