• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gotta give credit to cat

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
Well I have to give credit where credit is due. I have been on a Polaris for the last six years. I took a chance and bought an alpha this year. Let me just say at first I had major regret a could not ride the monorail and hated how the track trenched. Once I finally got the shocks dialed in the trenching went away and the sled popped up on top of the snow changed the way the sled handled. After 250 miles I learned how not to over ride the monorail and let the sled do it’s thing. I absolutely love this sled I have absolutely no desire to go back to Polaris. Great job arctic cat the alpha is the real deal. If anyone is thinking about trying one DO It. Looking forward to the future of cat.

B
Nov 12, 2018
Have you sealed your hood up? I agree with you on how nice it handles and how the traction it gets is ridiculous. With that said I am not to impressed with cat not sealing these acsender hoods up under warranty. Mine is now sealed up with silicone and a layer of grease around the hood to the intake boot. Overall it's a good sled, but for the cost of them I expect better warranty for manufacture defects.

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
Have you sealed your hood up? I agree with you on how nice it handles and how the traction it gets is ridiculous. With that said I am not to impressed with cat not sealing these acsender hoods up under warranty. Mine is now sealed up with silicone and a layer of grease around the hood to the intake boot. Overall it's a good sled, but for the cost of them I expect better warranty for manufacture defects.

Never had hood problems with snow getting in. Did have the air intake get covered up on deep powder days which caused it to bog due too lack of air but installed slp air vents that open when the stock vents got covered up and never had bogging problems again.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I stiffened up the shocks to 70psi in front. I think stiffer in the front helped a ton with the random slow mph diving issues I was having with it.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Goad to heat your happy with the alpha. It does take some getting used to how it reacts with throttle and body position in technical riding. Everyone who rides mine is amazed with powerclaw track. Don’t have any issues with snow injection. I think cstvfid a good job with how the new intake screens attach and seal to the hood.

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
love to hear your shock settings?

sincerely,

Sir Alpha Trench-A-Lot

250lbs with gear
Front 70 setting 1
Front rear 130 setting 2
Back rear 190 setting 2
Got this straight from a cat technician on the phone at the dealership. Worked wonders changed the whole flow of the sled.

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
Man those are stiff rear settings. Does the sled even compress when you push down on the rear bumper?

I thought so too but if I went less the track would trench and push instead of pop up. Stiff on the trail but who rides the trail ��*♂️

K
Dec 19, 2010
bozeman mt
Just don’t break anything. Seems like everything is back ordered a month or so. Waited 1.5 months for a part for a running board. When I finally picked up my parts, the dealer said even exhaust springs are back ordered. Come on cat

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Yup Everything is on backorder. Its crap. Been like this all season. I keep spare a arms around now. Been having to call multiple dealers trying to find parts in stock this season.

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
250lbs with gear
Front 70 setting 1
Front rear 130 setting 2
Back rear 190 setting 2
Got this straight from a cat technician on the phone at the dealership. Worked wonders changed the whole flow of the sled.

gotta say, i tried everything...but i never tried going stiff all thru the rear like that. interesting....i'll try it next weekend and see how it goes. curious now.

i did go stiff on the RT shock..think its around 160...and it got better. but i'm really low on FT shock because it seemed the higher i went up FTS the more it trenched. :(

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
250lbs with gear
Front 70 setting 1
Front rear 130 setting 2
Back rear 190 setting 2

Would never have thought to try those settings with the rear so stiff and the front at 70 and on clicker 1. I’m probably 230lbs with gear.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I thought so too but if I went less the track would trench and push instead of pop up. Stiff on the trail but who rides the trail ��*♂️

What holes is the rear suspension in?

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
What holes is the rear suspension in?

Stock. What ever came from the factory. I will agree I am amazed at how little throttle this sled needs to get around this sled really likes it when your in and out of the throttle.

N
Jul 15, 2014
can anyone confirm that these pressure setting will work in the mountain cat to? I have not seen anyone run pressure this high in the rear skids but i am intrigued to see the results.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
250lbs with gear
Front 70 setting 1
Front rear 130 setting 2
Back rear 190 setting 2

I bet if you softened the front track shock and left the rear track shock that stiff it would be even better.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I bet if you softened the front track shock and left the rear track shock that stiff it would be even better.

Cat highly recommends not going under 70lbs in the rear front shock. They contribute low front shocks pressures to the mono rail failure, which I believe is why we are getting a rear front shock with a spring for 2020. Also that’s going to create a lot of ski pressure, which you may or may not like. Just my 2cents

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Cat highly recommends not going under 70lbs in the rear front shock. They contribute low front shocks pressures to the mono rail failure, which I believe is why we are getting a rear front shock with a spring for 2020. Also that’s going to create a lot of ski pressure, which you may or may not like. Just my 2cents

Yes 70 lbs. He is at 130 lbs. The difference between 70 and 75 was huge. I cant even imagine what 130 feels like.

Premium Features