• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mid or Tall bar on SKS?

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
Ordering an SKS and I am debating on the handlebar height. I am leaning towards the tall bars (7" riser). Anyone use these? I am 6' 2".

Thanks!

S
Dec 28, 2018
Washington
Ordering an SKS and I am debating on the handlebar height. I am leaning towards the tall bars (7" riser). Anyone use these? I am 6' 2".

Thanks!

Im also 6 2' and the mid workes perfect for me, my arms are more or less straight it feels like those bars were custom made for me... that said i do have longer arms than most people so maby the tall bars might fit you better... but i find it better to go shorter than taller for mountian rideing... are you getting the 850 or 800?

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
Nice looking. I would go the shortest you are comfortable with. If you climb much a taller bar will always be in your way, getting up in your chest

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I have always ridden with tall bars - 2 weeks ago I pulled my riser out just to see what it felt like. I'll never go back. Everyone on here talks about leverage and how much you lose when you raise the bars. I was skeptical, but it's true - I have always ridden my Axys straddled, which does not work very well in the really tight technical stuff. Wrong foot forward maneuvers when walking it through the trees never felt right with the bars raised. With them lowered, it felt perfect. I am 6' and run the factory tall bars.

W

Wood

Dec 7, 2007
Go mid. Riser blocks are cheap if you find you need more height.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
At 6’2” I like the low bars for tight technical terrain.

Mid bars probably look the best. (Color)

Low = black
Mid = gray
High = silver. (Same as every poo sled since 09)

Premium Features