• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmageden

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
Well I’m in ag and I cant just tack on shipping and expect to be paid???? Anyway I think the shipping should be less is my point. It’s not like every single snowcheck is delivered separately right? So come on really?

You don’t charge the shipping that’s on the machine invoice from the manufacturer? How about your PDI, no charge for that either? Hmmm... might want to look into Spader.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I wouldn't snowcheck any sled ever again even if they told me they would never make another sled. If anyone thinks the only sleds A/C will be selling next season are going to be snowchecks you probably won't want to visit your dealer next December and see all the shiney 2020's for sale. Gonna be a whole lot of sleds that people "backed" out of sitting on showroom floors:) Manufacturers getting so desperate for sales from a shrinking market that they are using scare tactics is soooo funny!

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
If they are only giving 1 year warranty that’s lame. Especially with the new changes to the motor. When it’s time to upgrade my sleds sale because of the leftover warranty. I’m sure Ski Doo and Polaris could also do lower prices if they both didn’t give 4 year warranties. I want to see what the Cat will be with a comparable 4 year warranty. Probably close.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
If they are only giving 1 year warranty that’s lame. Especially with the new changes to the motor. When it’s time to upgrade my sleds sale because of the leftover warranty. I’m sure Ski Doo and Polaris could also do lower prices if they both didn’t give 4 year warranties. I want to see what the Cat will be with a comparable 4 year warranty. Probably close.
Add $500 for the extra warranty

Polcat

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
Should be interesting. Seems like they are going to have a serious drop in sales with this new plan. What about my dealer? They have already travelled to other dealers picked up and sold their excess inventory too! They have 3 2016 models left, that's it... So no sleds on the floor sure seems like serious mistake. There are thousands of sledders who do not even know what snow check is. So they wait until the snow flys in Nov and there are no new Cat sleds at the dealer? That is insane.

Seems like a sure fire plan to eliminate sled production altogether. First cut it in half or less, find out that isn't very profitable and then shut it down. Yamaha, here comes Cat right behind you...

You sir don't know what you are talking about. Dealers can and will purchase as many sleds for their showroom floor that they feel "fits" their dealership. All this "spring only" talk is simply a marketing ploy. To honestly think dealerships would not have a single new model year sled on their showroom floor has to be the dumbest thing I've heard this week and I work with some pretty stupid people.

It's all about semantics. The spring sales event is the only way you can GUARANTEE that you can get the model that you want. However, the reality is that dealerships will have inventory, albeit likely less than years past, available for sale this fall and winter. But they may not be able to get you the model you want if you roll in next December looking for a specific model. Also, the prices will certainly be higher than if a person would have ordered in the spring.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Not that stellar of a deal by the time you add shipping with only a 1 year warranty. If you add 500 for warranty is that for a 4 year or 2? Marketing ploy. Comparing apples to apples it seems about the same as my 19 was.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
You sir don't know what you are talking about. Dealers can and will purchase as many sleds for their showroom floor that they feel "fits" their dealership. All this "spring only" talk is simply a marketing ploy. To honestly think dealerships would not have a single new model year sled on their showroom floor has to be the dumbest thing I've heard this week and I work with some pretty stupid people.

It's all about semantics. The spring sales event is the only way you can GUARANTEE that you can get the model that you want. However, the reality is that dealerships will have inventory, albeit likely less than years past, available for sale this fall and winter. But they may not be able to get you the model you want if you roll in next December looking for a specific model. Also, the prices will certainly be higher than if a person would have ordered in the spring.

Well, I am not the one saying it, just reading and repeating. That is why i suggested that if they do as advertised it will be a disaster, probably the end of AC sleds.

You you say it is only semantics but, you are the only one saying that as far as I can see.

So there will be floor models, or there wont be? What is your source, or you do not have one, just guessing?

Doesn't really matter if they guarantee your model, heck there are only three mtn sleds and they are pretty much the same except shocks so who needs a guarantee?

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Well, I am not the one saying it, just reading and repeating. That is why i suggested that if they do as advertised it will be a disaster, probably the end of AC sleds.

You you say it is only semantics but, you are the only one saying that as far as I can see.

So there will be floor models, or there wont be? What is your source, or you do not have one, just guessing?

Doesn't really matter if they guarantee your model, heck there are only three mtn sleds and they are pretty much the same except shocks so who needs a guarantee?

The structure is indeed different, but yes the dealers will order only what they feel they can sell from the 2020 sleds (Update; Actually talking to my dealer today there may not be much if any 2020’s on their showroom floor) Just like Yamaha dealers in my area did for 2019, they ordered what they felt they could sell and also bought up any carry over inventory Yamaha had available. They are slowly working down that stock.

I do feel there is something in the works; both Yamaha and Cat need to reduce their inventory levels before anything revolutionary is released; New motors or a shared chassis, for the health and longevity of their dealer networks.

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
So $500 will get you a comparable 4 year warranty from Cat? Not some 3rd party warranty.

I can bet it will be a 3rd party warranty from Cat Care aka Cornerstone, just like the last 2 years. Look at my post on the page before this about my awesome experience with them on my latest engine failure. I want a 4 year warranty from Cat only. Hell even 2 years from Cat Id take.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
So $500 will get you a comparable 4 year warranty from Cat? Not some 3rd party warranty.

Even back in my 2007, anything past the first year was an external company. Was slow but worked.

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
CO 2.0 that is a bad deal you had for sure. And I agree cat needs to get there warranty figured out. I see doo and poo guys getting this warrantied that I can’t believe they would. But a good solid factory 2 year warranty would be a huge thing to me.

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010

Then look further, I'm not the only one saying it. I'm the one trying to relay the correct message as opposed to repeating incorrect information. You are correct that I don't have a source, but talk to your dealer and then get back to me. I'm not wrong.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
im thinking back to couple weeks ago when everybody was saying snow check is a joke because you pay so much for same sled your buddy gets for less in spring.
well, seems like cat was listening again.
How low do they have to go? Is there no value on riding the thing first 4 months of the season? Id prefer to break my sled in and get comfortable with it in early season road cruising time. Spend time with the setup too, very important. not just thrown into full Jam time, buddies trying to lose ya, make or break sidehills, everybody wants a demo...
no thanks. enjoy that ride. where ya at holdover guys? time to hunt down a 19 and send it!!

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
Then look further, I'm not the only one saying it. I'm the one trying to relay the correct message as opposed to repeating incorrect information. You are correct that I don't have a source, but talk to your dealer and then get back to me. I'm not wrong.

Exactly. Been that way for forever. Family had a Polaris dealership and they’d do the same thing. Sign up snowcheck sleds under all their names and have them on the lot to sell in season.

Alpha was at least originally called a spring order only...850 same thing. You can still go buy both of those new off dealer lots.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Only first year is Cat, other years has always been 3rd party,

Arctic Cat promo warranties (like last years SpringGuarantee offer) have been full factory warranties for several years now. Customers who purchased an extended warranty would have been Cat Care (third party). Customers who want more warranty on 2020 orders can purchase Cat Care (third party)

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Ya thats what cat advertised, 4 year factory. But what I got with my spring guarantee on my 18 was Cat Care. Can anyone verify they have a 4 year actual factory warranty?

Premium Features