• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Don’t ride your 18 or 19!!

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
dealer here said the reflash puts the ecm back in breakin mode, just like breaking it in all over...decided not to do mine...:face-icon-small-con

fudge313

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2015
Finland
dealer here said the reflash puts the ecm back in breakin mode, just like breaking it in all over...decided not to do mine...:face-icon-small-con
Bull****... Dealer can put it on or not. I just got my 18 MC from reflash and dealer said he did not put the breakin mode on.
And new soft is playing goood..

Lähetetty minun Armor_3 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Reflash on my alpha. Idle Rpm 2600 all day. Ran good until the 3ft I was riding made it cut out to 5-6k rpm max about 15-20 times. Even wiping intakes at WOT doesnt bring it out of limp mode. Even when the exhaust is out of the snow it takes awhile to clear up and run full rpm. I have this issue on my 18 too but not this bad. Granted it was deep AF today but still. Felt like I was on my 10 m8 again with 20 intake screens. Ran great and pulled hard when the ecu didnt cut power out. And ya, still backfired on shut off. Gonna get the silber flash on this once its out cause this is gay AF. Riding my 19 MC tomorrow so will see if its just the deep snow causing the power cut out.

This was my experience every day in super deep snow. I'd hate to say my "mountain" sled was not even rideable in deep snow but it really wasn't...

I also had issues with it clearing up even after stopping and wiping the intakes off. Cat please fix this issue

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
This was my experience every day in super deep snow. I'd hate to say my "mountain" sled was not even rideable in deep snow but it really wasn't...

I also had issues with it clearing up even after stopping and wiping the intakes off. Cat please fix this issue

Engine sucking snow in from poor intake seals maybe?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Not the issue I had, my intake was gone through and sealed up with silicone. I think more than the intakes clogging its the exhaust clogging which then tells the ECM to put it in a temp limp mode. Cause when the exhaust stuffs up even when you clear it out and ride on the left ski it's still in limp bog mode for 5-20 seconds until rpms come back in full.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Not the issue I had, my intake was gone through and sealed up with silicone. I think more than the intakes clogging its the exhaust clogging which then tells the ECM to put it in a temp limp mode. Cause when the exhaust stuffs up even when you clear it out and ride on the left ski it's still in limp bog mode for 5-20 seconds until rpms come back in full.
Any codes on gauge?

tapatio...

CRJPilot

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
Farmington, MN
CO 2.0...I was having same issue in a nipple deep day. I was thinking intake screens, but even after they were cleared it would take 5-15 seconds to recover. The excessive exhaust back pressure is likely more the culprit. Do you have stock silencer? I was using a SSI Ti can.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

B
Jul 28, 2008
I think putting the hood back on properly is so difficult to get the intake seal correct. I really think that's the issue with most people and their "bog". A reflash doesn't work fine until "3' of pow" lol That's DEFINITELY intake

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
CO 2.0...I was having same issue in a nipple deep day. I was thinking intake screens, but even after they were cleared it would take 5-15 seconds to recover. The excessive exhaust back pressure is likely more the culprit. Do you have stock silencer? I was using a SSI Ti can.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No Diamond S can. Thinking it might be the problem...

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Two seasons and 1000 miles on my 18 with stock can, nothing melted
Completely stock 19.
Had no idea this was even happening. Just seen it this week. Doing a thorough Inspection at 600mi.
a69a7184c8ec6195c7b66b533174e2ab.jpg

tapatio...

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I haven’t had the deep snow bog you guys are talking about at all. And I’m talking 4-5 FEET of deep coastal snow. Running Dia S can too on 19 Alpha. Like zero bog ever. Only time I have had an issue is when it’s been stuck and snow is packed under the belly pan and plugging the exhaust. On my 14 i had a deflector built for the exhaust just like cat has done for the alpha. My 14 was so bad I had a snorkel intake built just like a lot of turbo sleds use. I NEVER take the hood off on the hill tho, don’t want to risk not getting it on right. I have rarely pulled the hood off in the shop either tho lol.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Mine would clear right up if I cleared the intake. I could ride around, no problem, as long as I didn't crank a hard corner. Snow would go over the top of you couldn't see a thing. It would bog out immediately. Clear the intakes and it cleared up immediately.

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
I haven’t had the deep snow bog you guys are talking about at all. And I’m talking 4-5 FEET of deep coastal snow. Running Dia S can too on 19 Alpha. Like zero bog ever. Only time I have had an issue is when it’s been stuck and snow is packed under the belly pan and plugging the exhaust. On my 14 i had a deflector built for the exhaust just like cat has done for the alpha. My 14 was so bad I had a snorkel intake built just like a lot of turbo sleds use. I NEVER take the hood off on the hill tho, don’t want to risk not getting it on right. I have rarely pulled the hood off in the shop either tho lol.

Same for me, ZERO bog in over the handlebars snow. But my good friends 165 alpha did, same day same snow. No idea why the difference honestly. We swapped sleds, first thing I noticed was the bog, and first thing he said was “why doesn’t your sled bog?”

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Talking with a guy I know that rides a 2019 Alpha. He was having bogging issues put a new set of plugs in bog gone. Something to try. Not saying it will fix everyone’s bog I just know it fixed his

Premium Features