• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heatsoak - Coolant temp sensor issue - 2010 M8

V

VRod

Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman, MT
I'm running into the issue where the sled won't start for 15-30 minutes after running hard. I believe it's the coolant temp sensor. Would anyone happen to have a picture they could post of the correct wire to put the inline switch on?

Thanks!

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
Look down by the coils/head/blukhead on the exhaust outlet/mag side. There will be a yellow plug. Those are the wires. For 35 bucks you can get a switch that mounts on the console and plugs directly into the harness. Works slick as sh*t. You can get them from cutler.

venom1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ft mac,alberta
I'm running into the issue where the sled won't start for 15-30 minutes after running hard. I believe it's the coolant temp sensor. Would anyone happen to have a picture they could post of the correct wire to put the inline switch on?

Thanks!

i was going to do this last year, but didn't get around to it. it's a pain in the a$$ when the sled won't start.:face-icon-small-sad

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
Another suggestion if you don't have the switch. Hatchers posted this last year when He had some hot start issues. Depress the kill switch to OFF. Pull the sled over 4-5 times. Turn kill switch ON and give the sled 1\2 to 3\4 throttle. Seems to work most of the time. We use this method even with the switch installed.

Sam

matt159

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Southwest Iowa
I changed the routing of the coolant flow from the turbo so it Tee's into the line off the head that goes back to the reservoir bottle. I'll know after the 1st trip if that fixed it. I hope that dilutes the hot coolant from the turbo enough to stop tripping the sensor. I unplugged the temp sensor several times a day last year (unplugging a jumper wire I had installed) and was annoyed that a 4000+ turbo kit doesn't address this known issue. I didn't want to mess with a switch so I'm trying this fix. Anyone else done this with success?

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Like it was said before, Cutler has these switches. Plug and play. Cheap and simple fix. Works everytime.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Cheap?

$35 Bucks isn't cheap but when I got mine and saw how nicely it plugged into the harness and that it took only a few seconds I was pleased. Also, I found that you can flip the switch on cold starts and it acts exactly like a choke. After a cold night at togwotee I used to pull at least 20 times to get my TM8 started. With the switch it is more like two to three. DB

Last edited:
M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
I think even the $79 is worth it to save hassle installing and a sore shoulder at the end of the day. $79 does seem a little much but I would still buy it. Convenient, plug & play.

Premium Features