• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help with tail light

Klutch

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
Hooked up a four bar led tail light and when you hit the brake the light dims. Hooked up a multimeter and got 13.8 volts to the tail light wire and 13 to the brake light wire without hitting the brake lever, when I hit the brake lever the brake wire drops to 0 volts. Another funny thing is when you use a test light on the brake light wire while it reads 13 volts, it won't light up the test light. The test light does light up on the tail light wire. Something is screwy. Help, thanks.:face-icon-small-dis

Klutch

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
Would I have screwed anything up electrical wise (voltage regulator or anything)? I ran it for a few minutes to test. Thanks.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
L.E.D. LIGHT ADAPTER FOR C.F.I.'S

Would I have screwed anything up electrical wise (voltage regulator or anything)? I ran it for a few minutes to test. Thanks.

www.hi-perf.com

Hi-Performance Engineering

L.E.D. Adapter $18.95

Part # 174-500

You'll probably be O.K., after you get 'er back together, just keep an eye on the voltmeter, on the right side of your dash gauge

Hope this helps

Premium Features