• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Don’t ride your 18 or 19!!

L
Nov 25, 2018
I was told by someone I trust not to do the re flash and aftermarket can takes care of the flame issue. I run HPS cans so not going to do it.

With some people not getting the reflash, does that void the warranty if something happens and the correct tune/flash is not on it?

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
If you are out of warranty, I highly recommend the Sibler reflash and an aftermarket can. I am in the similar situation and have experienced zero idle problems and flame issues. I have done some clutch work as well to my 18.

It runs superb!

fharrison

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2009
I have not gotten the reflash yet but had the 2200 to 2500 high idle and a stumble off of idle. Replaced the pipe sensor and it cured it. Not sure if that is the problem with the new flash but the bad one was completely covered in oil and gas indicating to me that it was sending a bad reading to the ECU. Worth a check as it is easy to get to on the 18-19 sleds.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Seems like that is their response to everything!!!!

My buddy's Alpha went in and had the reflash done. Fixed the high idle, still has a little low end bog. Sled runs better, needs a can now...

The interesting part was that Cat did not blow him off, not even close. They had the dealer contact him and get more information on how the sled was working for him. Cat wanted all the details they could get about the issues he was having. The dealer kept the sled a couple of extra days working with the factory to get everything right before returning it to him.

Great dealer, Perris Powersports Grand Junction, and impressive response from Cat themselves on his issues. It was a whole lot better than "first we have heard"... Miles ahead of any response I ever got from Polaris and I had issues for years with their sleds.

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Also just figured out what I burned for fuel and oil ! 26 litres of fuel and about 14 oz of oil on my last ride so if my calculations are right its about 65:1

Mar 7, 2017
West Bend, WI
We have 2 that aren’t reflashed, an 18 with a diamond s titanium can and a 19 with a ggb quiet can, so far no flame issues. Is there anyone that had a flame issue with an aftermarket can? Also does the reflash increase oil consumption?

Premium Features