• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha vs twin rail

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Can u switch the rear 18 shock for the Alpha shock?
If so, i may swap the 18/19 around for a day......

tapatio...

Z
Apr 26, 2017
how do you accidentally leave it locked out for TWO days? wouldn't ya flip that thing over and see what's wrong after the first hour? lockout is for STEEP steep hillclimb, turn it back when done.

Straight up a brain fart. Coming off a 2011 m8, and only having about 3 days on the alpha prior, it never occurred to me that it could have gotten switched to lockout. I didn't know the alpha good enough how it should be handling. As a result, it never occurred to me to switch it.

I will never lock it out again, even in steep steep climbes. Still have better luck on setting 2. On lockout, it trenched the worst for me, even on steep climbes!

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
what are you guys calling locked out? just setting #3 on the qs3'S I had it there all day cause I'm a fat guy and it seemd allright. I also put the rear suspension mount in the bottom hole to help keep the front down. it still pulls the skis up every time I hit it so maby I need more air?

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Why are guys riding around with there rear shock in lockout ? that is not what it is for, only time I would be using it on my 18 mountian cat is when I need to highmark or in a gnarly spot i need to get out of !

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Lockout is a gadget to sell more sleds. People buy by the numbers or by the new gadgets. I like to ride. Oh wait, I have to lock my shock out before I can climb this hill. Gas works way better to climb a hill. Maybe a guy would play with it if it was a button on the handlebars. If I could get e start on the basic alpha I would buy that and buy better shocks.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
My muffpot lid has a lockout, which I really use and appreciate. First off, no burrito is gonna cook with an open lid...and if it comes out, might not be good for the clutching. Lid Lockout, few good turbo pulls; delicious.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Agree with some on here the rear shocks on the alpha ride like crap on a bumpy trail. Definitely needs some work in that area.

dboivin

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2013
Michigan
what are you guys calling locked out? just setting #3 on the qs3'S I had it there all day cause I'm a fat guy and it seemd allright. I also put the rear suspension mount in the bottom hole to help keep the front down. it still pulls the skis up every time I hit it so maby I need more air?

lol. this is me. i have to run setting 3 to keep the circus in check when playing on any hills. if i run 2 or 1 its a **** show. Riding trail back to camp i jump it down to 2.

i've even got rear up to 150+ at moment.

Premium Features