• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Difference between 2020 models

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Any dealers able to tell us the difference between the 3 mountain models besides colors and shocks? I do not trust cats website. All of the headlights, shafts, tunnels, coolers, etc. the same?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I'm not a dealer but the basic alpha has cheaper sprung shocks and the same headlight you have and only in pull start. Not sure if it has the 1 inch windshield or the 19 windshield. I would have to look at the picture.
The next silver alpha has 1 inch windshield, led headlight and float qs3 shocks. The front track shock is not a float. Can be ordered in electric or pull start.
The alpha hardcore comes in red or green. Has extruded edge on running boards, led headlight, short windshield, beefed up tail section and comes in pull or electric start. You can only get the green one with electric start and only on the 165. Not the 154 which makes no sense to me. The hardcore also has sprung qs3 shocks.
The rest is the same.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
The Mountain Cat and the Hardcore have the rear QSL that has the lockout feature.

To clarify after further reading. The Mountain cat has a QSL air shock (same as 2019 Alpha) and the Hardcore has the QSL coil over. Both are lockout just the hardcore has springs like the rest of the shocks. Was really hoping that shock would just have 3 levels of adjustment and no lockout.

Oh well.

fudge313

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2015
Finland
And all of them has short coolers... I think... Differences on shoks and ligths.. And es.....

Lähetetty minun Armor_3 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Premium Features