• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Acceptable crank runout?

B
Oct 4, 2008
Bonnyville, AB
I checked mine at the pto with the primary off, and I am getting about .004 of runout, near the chamfer. The end is a little scored as the primary came loose and spun on there a bit, but its not too bad. This is on an 05 900 rmk. Thanks. Josh

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
Cowboy is correct on what is recommended. I was on the phone with a shop that does a lot of cranks and posts here on a frequent basis. When I mentioned my friends crank was at .0047 on the PTO end, his comment was: You're in that grey area.......

After some discussion, my friend is going to get his clutch balanced and kinda baby it one more year as it's getting kinda late to tear into it now.......Certainly, you're in an area to be concerned...

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Don't simply drop in a new trued crank. Most cranks that are that far out of true have out of tolerances cases. Simply dropping a fresh crank in out of tolerance cases won't accomplish a thing.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
Service limit according to Polaris is .0045"... needs to be fixed at that point. I NEVER wait that long.

I doubt if you'll ever see .007" of it... it will break before then.

sled_guy

Premium Features