• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 IQ Front Bumper Upgrade!

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
This sucks! I have the float plate for the 08' so I would have to get rid of it too to make the 09' stuff work...... Someone really needs to step to the plate and fab up a good solid front bumper for the "older" RMKs that doesn't break the bank and doesn't require to cut up the factory plastic..... :eek:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Here are a couple more pix of the Skinz Stuff

2-10.jpg

1-11.jpg

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
This sucks! I have the float plate for the 08' so I would have to get rid of it too to make the 09' stuff work...... Someone really needs to step to the plate and fab up a good solid front bumper for the "older" RMKs that doesn't break the bank and doesn't require to cut up the factory plastic..... :eek:

The 09 float plate is the same as the 08, just trimmed differently. Not sure the proceedure on that yet. Possible we could get skinz to provide a template for trimming your own. I'm sure they would trim it for you, but the shipping would probably be pretty rediculous when it's all said and done.

M

metallicat

Nov 27, 2007
Rugby, ND
Just ordered mine for my Assault along with a float plate. Those damn rocks and such aren't getting the best of me this year!

C
Feb 28, 2008
Yeah...about an hour and a half PLUS $500 BUCKS...

for a bumper.

Methinks time and ease of install is not really the core issue here for most of us exploring different options...it's the moolah.

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Methinks time and ease of install is not really the core issue here for most of us exploring different options...it's the moolah.

It is both for sure. I'm thinking that I could not spend the hour and 1/2, hand my sled over to Fastrax, and have a one off, cool, CUSTOM front bumper. Hmmmmmmmmmm :cool:

Hopefully Skins is watching this thread to see the interest for the "older" IQ's..... at a not so pocket emptying price! :)

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
It is both for sure. I'm thinking that I could not spend the hour and 1/2, hand my sled over to Fastrax, and have a one off, cool, CUSTOM front bumper. Hmmmmmmmmmm :cool:

Hopefully Skins is watching this thread to see the interest for the "older" IQ's..... at a not so pocket emptying price! :)

They have the link.:D

It's not that they don't want to do one it's all about TIME.:(

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Once again, I'm not sure I'm supposed to post this, but.........I talked with Skinz today and my sled still has the 08 front end on it. I told them to "cut away", since I have the 09 front for it anyway. They are going to look into the possibility of a front bumper. I'm not trying to get your hopes up and this is in no way saying they will produce one. They are very busy. And are only checking how feesable it may be. They would prefer not to have to cut up the whole front end, but figure most of you are quite capable with a hole saw. So, obviously they are already putting some thought into it.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Once again, I'm not sure I'm supposed to post this, but.........I talked with Skinz today and my sled still has the 08 front end on it. I told them to "cut away", since I have the 09 front for it anyway. They are going to look into the possibility of a front bumper. I'm not trying to get your hopes up and this is in no way saying they will produce one. They are very busy. And are only checking how feesable it may be. They would prefer not to have to cut up the whole front end, but figure most of you are quite capable with a hole saw. So, obviously they are already putting some thought into it.

See post #23 :D

D

deepdiver

Nov 27, 2003
Marysville, WA
I can agree with Coyotegirl, The "other bumper" company's bumper is just a bit high priced for reality. I contacted them and got a real rude and snotty reply from them...I have dealt with Skinz directly and they are a first rate company. If Skinz can do a bumper for the 08 Dragon and keep the cost around 150 I will definitly buy one and posibly three more. Like Coyotegirl I cant justify 300.00 plus and still have to work for a couple of hours to have something that doesnt make the sled run a bit faster. for that same price I can have 3 years of insurance that will cover it all!

Come on Skinz help us out!

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
I can agree with Coyotegirl, The "other bumper" company's bumper is just a bit high priced for reality. I contacted them and got a real rude and snotty reply from them...I have dealt with Skinz directly and they are a first rate company. If Skinz can do a bumper for the 08 Dragon and keep the cost around 150 I will definitly buy one and posibly three more. Like Coyotegirl I cant justify 300.00 plus and still have to work for a couple of hours to have something that doesnt make the sled run a bit faster. for that same price I can have 3 years of insurance that will cover it all!

Come on Skinz help us out!

Skinz is truely one of the good guys! I will hope to have something for you guys ASAP.

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I can agree with Coyotegirl, The "other bumper" company's bumper is just a bit high priced for reality. I contacted them and got a real rude and snotty reply from them...

I'm hoping this isn't TCP you are talking about! Even from afar they are still one of my favorite dealers!

And if it comes down to me spending $500... I'm thinking I'll either go with their bumper (because they have ALWAYS been VERY good to me) or I'll have Curt at FTX build me something cool (because he is Mr. Cool builder dude). :)

Nothing against Skins, AT all. :)

BUT, if Skins comes out with something less expensive, that will definitely be more enticing. :) Because at this point I'm leaning towards Deepdiver's point of this $500 is 3 years of insurance.. and just not doing a dang thing.. lol (not really, but a funny point)

(I'm a girl, I'm flippy floppy..) lol

I would think there has to be 3 times the owners of "older" IQ's than what are buying the 09's. Doesn't that make sense?? Especially in these economic times?? lol

And if we could all just learn to avoid those nasty trees... this wouldn't be such a big deal anyhow! heheheeeeeee

fullmonte, I love the "Im not suppose to post this.. BUUUUT..........." a leak is many times a companys best friend. :p Get some excitement brewing!

And the "but figure most of you are quite capable with a hole saw" weeeeewwwwwwwww... that could be a mistake! ;)

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
05'-08' Bumper retro fab under way

So I'm doing my sled rebuild and I find myself waiting for a TCP bumper in hopes of making the mod show in Boise, so due to the lack of time, patience and necessity we spent the evening brainstorming!!

I believe conceptualy we've come up with quick and easy retro install idea, with very limited cutting. And the best part is that it should easily be very price competitive!!

It's kind of a different approach, and some won't like it, but it'll be super functional.

I'll start posting pics on my 06 900 Rebuild thread in the Polaris section so I don't hyjack this thread, maybe in a day or two depending on how far we get.
Good luck
Thanx
-T

Premium Features