Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: 1M 2001-2005, all models in the Mountain Cat / 1M chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2016, 11:34 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Huntin Sledder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cracked Fuel Filler Neck MC 600

My 02 MC600 has developed the famous crack in the fuel filler neck. Before I spend the money to order a new one from Cat I thought I would try to find out if anybody knows where I might find a used tank or if there is any solid repair options. Every dealer I have spoke with says they have not had much luck with repairs. I did find one that claims he can plastic weld it. Ideas??

BTW, I am new to the forum and have 3 Mountain Cats. Very nice to see the 1M sleds going strong on this forum!!!!!

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-05-2016, 11:40 PM
Currently: [Too Long]
Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,315 Posts
m8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/bondic-...FQesaQodo1QPUA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McG-eMZ-9Io
07/m8 141 900 bigbore, Stm valves, Bdx oil delete, adj fuel reg, bumper kit ,Rock rollers, light hub and rotor and post brace, Fastlane no snows and 9 inch 2 wheel kit ,Dayton weights, Shift assist, Timbersled intake, Mtn tamer and Barkbuster with fox evols , Diamond s hood, Boss shorty seat ,Rox risers, Koso egts , a/r , water temp guage .Mod ski's. 911 cover

400 pounds...!!!!!!!

Last edited by m8magicandmystery; 01-05-2016 at 11:44 PM.

Old 01-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Basic Member
Sledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a 02 800 with a cracked neck, I replaced with a used one I found off the swap meet here, I would think you could use black gasket maker silicon to fill crack, once that dries cover with shoe goo, I think the best fix is replacing as I was afraid of hitting with my knee while riding and have the whole neck come off. By the way my 09 M1000 has the same issue that developed over the summer. Sitting in a enclosed trailer, went to move it around and noticed gas. Cat is replacing this tank, just part no labor, I found a good dealer in IA to take care of the replacement tank.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:31 PM
Basic Member
Huntin Sledder is an unknown quantity at this point

Bondic is cool, but does not hold up to gas. It sounds like a new tank is in my future. Thankfully Arctic Cat still offers them.

Thanks for the tips.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:21 PM
Basic Member
shoulder2shoulder has a reputation beyond reputeshoulder2shoulder has a reputation beyond reputeshoulder2shoulder has a reputation beyond reputeshoulder2shoulder has a reputation beyond reputeshoulder2shoulder has a reputation beyond reputeshoulder2shoulder has a reputation beyond reputeshoulder2shoulder has a reputation beyond reputeshoulder2shoulder has a reputation beyond reputeshoulder2shoulder has a reputation beyond reputeshoulder2shoulder has a reputation beyond reputeshoulder2shoulder has a reputation beyond repute

I just fixed one,but have not tried it to see how it will hold,but the repair fit very snug, looks good, my neck had snapped off completely below the threads.I went to the hardware store and purchased a pvc coupler,and a product called seal all. Hit every thing with 80 grit paper and green scotch pad,then took a dremel and cut some veins on all sides to allow glue a better place to lay.Sand the pvc well as it fits very snug.Seal all is gas and oil resistant.Be sure to seat pvc down in the neck at least 1/4" or the gas cap gasket flange will hit,and not allow the gasket to contact the neck.Think I'm into 8 bucks a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiit cheaper then a tank.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:04 AM
Currently: add 10,000+ to this post count
Basic Member
AkMike has a reputation beyond reputeAkMike has a reputation beyond reputeAkMike has a reputation beyond reputeAkMike has a reputation beyond reputeAkMike has a reputation beyond reputeAkMike has a reputation beyond reputeAkMike has a reputation beyond reputeAkMike has a reputation beyond reputeAkMike has a reputation beyond reputeAkMike has a reputation beyond reputeAkMike has a reputation beyond repute

I've got a broken neck on my 01 also. After doing some research I've discovered that a 2" PVC (white plastic) plastic pipe coupler is 2 3/4" od. Just the right size to fit in my neck. I'm going to coarse sand the outside of it and the inside of the neck, then smear a bunch of JB Weld after trimming to length and shove it together.

White colored PVC will not degrade in gasoline unlike the back ABS pipe.