• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Proclimb aftermarked belts

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Used one last season after I grenaded my original. Worked fine in flatland riding, no elevation riding last season so can't speak to that. I'm running a 900 prolite also.

Sent from my LG-LS696 using Tapatalk 2

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
I ride at 0-3000 ft, and mainly forest riding. No hillclimber. So I believe I will be safe too. Only blew one belt in 1650 km so belt blower here.
The only reason I have blown a belt is of my own stupidity. Forgotten park brake on when backing of the trailer, or when leaving parking lot, so first belt got some serious violation from my side. And a few hours doing wheelies in REALLY heavy wet spring snow :p

Just need some spare belts for me and my riding buddies just in case we blow a belt :)
Then I will order some belts so I have something to put on if something happens :D

R
The Gates C12 belt I have read in other forums that they are highly recommended. I picked up 2 from Ebay from a dealer for my 2014 HCR. Half the price of an AC belt. Only have 47kms on the sled so far, but anxious to try a belt.
I measured width and length and are close to the AC belt, BUT the measurements are different, of course being an aftermarket belt.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I have a Gates C12 in my pro-lite for a spare. Never did have to use it last year so I can't comment on performance yet. It will get tested this year though.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Got all antsy and wanted to try the C12 as I had one on my 1100T. Didn't notice that the alignment washer dropped to the bellypan when I put the new belt on. Could tell something was wrong so switched back to stocker belt and not a mile up the trail blew my sidepanel off. Moral of the story don't get in a hurry to try out new belt especially after a long nite of drinking.

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
No problem for me about the belts since I got no belt blower :)

And if the after market belts works just as fine, I use them since I get 4 belts for the same price my dealer takes for the 084 belt I use right now :p

Premium Features