• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 M8 snowpro dies and starts 10 minutes later

J
Jun 28, 2014
Greetings all,

I have a 2012 Arctic Cat m8 proclimb. I recently had the thumb warmer replaced. When I took the sled out for a second trip about 15 minutes into the ride it died. Wouldn't start for the next 10 minutes. The sled did this three more times then rode fine all day. The very next day the sled died again, this time 3hrs into the ride, and wouldn't start till after about 10 minute but then ran fine all day. The next trip, a couple weeks later, I started to get a blinking wrench and error codes "0", "05", and "55". Now the sled dies and will not start. It took about 2hrs to go 1/2 mile to get the sled back on the trailer.

I took the sled to the dealer and he said those are not active error codes programmed by Arctic cat. The sled starts every time at first but when it acts up it requires 10 minutes to start again. The issue I am having is it is nearly impossible to duplicate the error since it either occurs at the begining or end of a trip.

Any thoughts on what my problem could be?

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
First thing that jumps out at me is the throttle safety switch ...because of the recent maintenance to the the hand/thumb warmer !
Also consider kill switch !
Do you have a "Cat" tether switch on this sled !!
I have seen similiar issues from a Cat tether switch loose connection ...at the wiring harness terminal

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
It definitely sounds electrical to me. I'd start by looking for a pinched wire or a slight deformation of the insulation on the wires were you routed the thumb warmer wires. A very small crack/opening that you may think is not a issue will be enough to cause a short or ground and cause these types of problems.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Definitely sounds electrical. You'd be surprised what letting the sled idle and slightly tugging on random wires will find problems or soon to be problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Premium Features