• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Arctic Cat M8000 Review

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
I've had the privilege to ride the new 2015 Arctic Cat M8000, I can't stress how much better the sled is than the 2014. The suspension works really well, its plush in the initial part of the stroke yet has good bottom out resistance and no longer feels like you're riding a board. The clutching and engine mapping is also really smooth and makes great power. Overall, I was super impressed with the sled. Arctic Cat hasn't gotten as much hype they deserve IMO, the 2015 M8000 is a full-on ripper!!!! Definitely worth checking out before snow-checking.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
What all makes it better than a 14. I am stuck between a 14 or 15. Upgrading from a 12. Every year has been huge gains, and I have ridden each year of them quite a bit. Is it just suspension or some more hidden chassis changes like the 14s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
What all makes it better than a 14. I am stuck between a 14 or 15. Upgrading from a 12. Every year has been huge gains, and I have ridden each year of them quite a bit. Is it just suspension or some more hidden chassis changes like the 14s?

There are a number changes listed somewhere on their website, what I've noticed is clutching, engine mapping, suspension valving. Apparently there are some changes in geometry with the skid. My overall feeling is the 15 sled is much better than the 14.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
There are a number changes listed somewhere on their website, what I've noticed is clutching, engine mapping, suspension valving. Apparently there are some changes in geometry with the skid. My overall feeling is the 15 sled is much better than the 14.

That's good to know. I know our area rep pretty wel and he showed me a list of changes in Jackson, but it was mostly cosmetic stuff.

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
That's good to know. I know our area rep pretty wel and he showed me a list of changes in Jackson, but it was mostly cosmetic stuff.

Here are some of the changes:

-improved engine mapping and clutching
-more magnesium components
-beefed up jackshaft with a larger bearing and circlip.
-improved suspension calibration for the Fox Float 3 shocks
-Fox Float 3 in the rear skid
-rail stiffeners

Suspension, mapping and clutching were the areas that required improvement and they addressed it very well IMO.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Here are some of the changes:

-improved engine mapping and clutching
-more magnesium components
-beefed up jackshaft with a larger bearing and circlip.
-improved suspension calibration for the Fox Float 3 shocks
-Fox Float 3 in the rear skid
-rail stiffeners

Suspension, mapping and clutching were the areas that required improvement and they addressed it very well IMO.

Thank you for the great review. I have seen in the Arctic Cat dealer documents all of the above except the engine mapping and clutching as published changes. Where did you get that info?

Thanks,
Woody

J

Jorli

Jul 13, 2009
www.highmarkfilms.com
Thank you for the great review. I have seen in the Arctic Cat dealer documents all of the above except the engine mapping and clutching as published changes. Where did you get that info?

Thanks,
Woody

From our Rep. Pretty sure its correct because it feels different than the 2014.

Cheers!-J

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
Thank goodness - I switched to my wife 2012 ecu, since it was map better. Hopefully they offer a reflash.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Felt the same way bud, i was surprised at how much better the 15 was than the 14. And I am not even sure what they changed to get there. Still needs better skis, but very fun sled!

So are you ready to start riding a Cat again? :)

S
Demo Sleds

There is no question that the new 2015 will probably in small ways be a better sled as this chassis evolves into it's 4th season. However, it has been my humble experience over the past 40 years that these demo sleds that are being test ridden will not to be exactly what we will be riding as production sleds next year. I have seen this many times over the years. The demos have been finely tweaked and are always superior to the production models. I am sure we will see improvements but I do not think they will be as dramatic as we would all like to think. I hope they prove me wrong but this has been my experience with both Cat and Polaris. I am sure it holds true with the other manufactures as well. Sorry to dampen the spirit of this thread. Just trying to share my experience with many years of buying new sleds. I will also say that they just keep getting better and you will not go wrong by updating as your pocket book allows.
Cheers!

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
No doubt that the production sled will be slightly different than these early "demo or proto type" sleds but that does not mean the productions sleds will not be as good or maybe better than what they are showing now. I rode the early demo M 7's when they were developing the M line and the production models were better than the demo ones.
Doo has had the xp platform since 08' and each year has gotten better, cats proclimb will do the same and it started out better than the doo did. I know that may be open for debate but anyone that is not married to doo will have to admit that!

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007
I've had the privilege to ride the new 2015 Arctic Cat M8000, I can't stress how much better the sled is than the 2014. The suspension works really well, its plush in the initial part of the stroke yet has good bottom out resistance and no longer feels like you're riding a board. The clutching and engine mapping is also really smooth and makes great power. Overall, I was super impressed with the sled. Arctic Cat hasn't gotten as much hype they deserve IMO, the 2015 M8000 is a full-on ripper!!!! Definitely worth checking out before snow-checking.

Just curious, did the sled have the 2.6", or 3" power claw? Anxious to hear some feedback on this track as well. Thanks!

rockymtnboy

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2010
gods country, bc
Rode a 15 on Friday, very impressed. It was completely stock other than it had the snow flap ripped off. I have a 13 that has 50 lbs ish removed, belt drive, 3" etc and other than weight it (the 15) felt pretty good stock. I am really intrigued about the 3" powder claw. I love the down hill brake'n and the bottomless powder days with the x3 but I think the powder claw in a 3" will be bad&$$! Look at the difference it made go'n from 2.25 to 2.6! The 15 I rode was the 2.6.

Premium Features