• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M6000

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
Anybody know if the M6000 is out and available to the public or is Cat teasing us with it in there 2014 lineup but wont be available until 2015?

I thinking this with a 2.25 track would be a nice boondocker for the UP of Michigan, and keep my M8 for out west, but I cant seem to find one. One dealer I called never even heard of one.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
They will be out this year. There will be limited numbers available, but they will be there.

Arctic Cat had a slogan "Share Our Passion" a while back. You should find a dealer that does.

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
I talked to my local dealer and he was told by his sales rep. that AC was distributing 2 per dealer.

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
I talked to my local dealer and he was told by his sales rep. that AC was distributing 2 per dealer.

If that would be the case, there should be quite a few around. There are a few flat land dealers around me that never sell M's

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
Here is some info I got from one dealer. The other side of this paper states what the sled is to the dealers and it was dated September 7th. Isnt that the day it was released at HayDays? My dealer is trying to get one for me. Granted he hasn't locked one up yet but he quoted me a price from Cat at $10600 out the door. That's $300 cheaper than best price I found on a M8000SP (3 hours North of me) My dealer is 8 miles from me.

cat1 001.jpg

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Here is some info I got from one dealer. The other side of this paper states what the sled is to the dealers and it was dated September 7th. Isnt that the day it was released at HayDays? My dealer is trying to get one for me. Granted he hasn't locked one up yet but he quoted me a price from Cat at $10600 out the door. That's $300 cheaper than best price I found on a M8000SP (3 hours North of me) My dealer is 8 miles from me.

for 300.00 I would get the 800....better resale will get you that 300.00 back easy:typing:

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
I understand the thinking for only $300 more but that dealer is a mega "sell all brands of snowmobiles" and is 3 hours away. A couple trips there and that $300 turns into a lot more. Plus my son is 12 and I like to prep on the 6000. I've got a 800 and it way to much for him, sometimes to much for me.

I also like being the guinea pig for first year designs.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
I understand the thinking for only $300 more but that dealer is a mega "sell all brands of snowmobiles" and is 3 hours away. A couple trips there and that $300 turns into a lot more. Plus my son is 12 and I like to prep on the 6000. I've got a 800 and it way to much for him, sometimes to much for me.

I also like being the guinea pig for first year designs.

Well I guess it takes all sorts. I see what u mean about being a lot of sled, and u have the right to ur opinion. But If/when my wife decides to ride, and she is small, she will be learning on an 800. Will be a lot of sled but I think it will make her a better rider in the long run. I've seen lots of people learn on 600's and if they r any good they have outgrown the sled in no time. And we have gotten into spots, even with beginners, where we couldn't get the 600 back out. Don't always intend on it but when u r riding in the mountains, it happens. and dropping down and down, getting wet, and contemplating spending the night in -20 has convinced me the 600 is not for the mountains. Just MHO.

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
12 year old should not be riding a full size anything...................6 or 8:crazy:

While I understand your thinking but what do I take him out on in the deep with? A Z370? Try finding me a M5 or Crossfire5 then. Stay out this thread if all the better you have to say!

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
12 year old should not be riding a full size anything...................6 or 8:crazy:

You know the more I think about it all I was trying to do was ask some questions about the M6000. But I guess its not good enough for the mountains.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Where are you located and what's the shops name that has a m8000 for $10,900 out the door. I'm willing to trade up for that price

I didn't post anything about getting a sled for 10900.00, those are not my prices in this thread:typing:

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
While I understand your thinking but what do I take him out on in the deep with? A Z370? Try finding me a M5 or Crossfire5 then. Stay out this thread if all the better you have to say!

yup none of my business.........just don't see many 12 year olds that belong in the back country, your call I guess but M600 and M800 are physically large sleds

If your going to come out on the internet you need to harden up a little............. :)

Last edited:
S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Girlfriends grandson started riding a ski doo kiddie sled (120) last year shortly after he turned 3, at that rate he may be on a M5 by 7 years old.

Funny thing though is he watched 509 movies with the snowmobile chute riding for many hours before he finally got to ride. When he did get to ride he ran straight into the bank and I am WTF? Seems he thought his 120 should do like the chute climbers and go straight up like in the movie :face-icon-small-con

Sooo....back on the thread I think the M600 would be a good learning sled, just lengthen the throttle cable so it doesn't go full blast for a while. Its going to be lighter in the front too according to the engine weights.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
I gotta love hearing about how a modern 600 isn't good enough for the mountains. If your heart is after a 600 get one. The key thing is recognizing your sleds and your own limitations.

If you're in a group and someone is having issues getting into or out of areas the group isnt riding responsibly. Doesn't matter if you're on a 6 or an 8 or some mod machine, pro or newb.

Have been where guys have broken arms and got concussions. Doesn't matter if they're on a wooden toboggan then.

Premium Features