• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled build project questions

srt20

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2010
I'm looking at building a 155-163" out of a 146" 09 Assault bulkhead and tunnel. I would use a 700cfi. Pro RMK a-arms with the proper bushings. Unsure on shocks but that shouldn't be a big deal to figure out. I would like to use a 155-63" Pro RMK rear suspension or something similar. Track will probably be either a Camo extreme or the stock pro RMK track.

I have a complete trail sled for the interchangeable parts like plastics, chain case, jack and driveshafts. I know I will have to change drivers and gears.

My main concern I guess is the rear suspension. Do any of you see a problem with my plans? This is my first mountain sled build and am trying to do it with used or take off parts to keep the cost down as much as I can.

Thanks for any help or advice!

S

SU27

May 4, 2013
Edmonton
I'm looking at building a 155-163" out of a 146" 09 Assault bulkhead and tunnel. I would use a 700cfi. Pro RMK a-arms with the proper bushings. Unsure on shocks but that shouldn't be a big deal to figure out. I would like to use a 155-63" Pro RMK rear suspension or something similar. Track will probably be either a Camo extreme or the stock pro RMK track.

I have a complete trail sled for the interchangeable parts like plastics, chain case, jack and driveshafts. I know I will have to change drivers and gears.

My main concern I guess is the rear suspension. Do any of you see a problem with my plans? This is my first mountain sled build and am trying to do it with used or take off parts to keep the cost down as much as I can.

Thanks for any help or advice!

Whatever you do, please post pictures. This project looks extremely interesting.

srt20

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2010
Yeah I've been working on it.

Ended up using a 163 Dragon skid. 162 Powerclaw. Had a local guy bend up a tunnel extension. 19/42 gears. Made our own drop brackets.

Had to do some modifying of the gas tank and cowling. The 08 trail sled stuff didn't work very well with a Raw chassis. Didn't get any rmk front suspension yet, so using wider trail front end for the first ride.

Overall it's been a decent build. Nothing to crazy. Some PIA stuff, but that will always happen. I'm not doing any bling bling fancy stuff. I plan on ridin her hard and puttin her away wet. Cracks, scratches, bent metal will be her bling.

I didn't take many pics, but I'll post up some tomorrow.

Premium Features