• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pro rmk 600 storage

S
Oct 23, 2008
ak/mn
Creating a list, please add or delete as you see fit:

Wash sled to remove all salt and dirt
wipe down
grease rear suspension and drive axle
top off oil
check chaincase oil
check chaincase tension
check track tension
remove airbox, upper portion only
start sled and fog out motor 1-2 mins
pull plugs and spray fogging oil in each cylinder
hand pull over a couple times
reinstall plugs
drain most of gas
dump in stabilizer
hook up +12 volt battery and run fuel pump to circulate fuel stabilizer
remove belt
WD40 the engine bay, shocks, and rear skid
throw on cover
push in corner on lift or raise rear and block front

Now I just have to do it, haha

P.S. - anyone figure out an easy how to fog the motor? I am going to suck it up (with a 6 pack, lol) and yank the upper air box off

S
Dec 9, 2009
The first thing I do is stabilize the fuel so when you run it the fuel will be conditioned all the way to the injectors.

Code Blue

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2011
Spokane
FILL tank with fuel, add "Star Tron" or what ever you stabilize with, run the sled to work it though as stated above, but be sure to re-top off the tank.. It is in your manual and in your best interest to keep the tank as full as possible to aid in reducing condensation changes, which will happen ALOT on a empty or half empty tank.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
FILL tank with fuel, add "Star Tron" or what ever you stabilize with, run the sled to work it though as stated above, but be sure to re-top off the tank.. It is in your manual and in your best interest to keep the tank as full as possible to aid in reducing condensation changes, which will happen ALOT on a empty or half empty tank.

THIS!

Also be aware that stabilizer will NOT prevent gum/varnish formation on the injectors if you use standard gas (non-ethanol). Mountainhorse had some steps to get all the gas out, as I recall. What I do is keep the fuel tank full and add a quart of toluene for the first ride the following year. The toluene bumps the octane back up as well as cleans the injectors so no extra steps needed (yeah, I'm lazy, lol).

Have FUN!

G MAN

Premium Features