• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who else had to replace their TPS?

T
Jan 3, 2008
nelson bc
my 2011pro with s/turbo stopped idleing, reverse stopped working, and then proceded to run extreamly rich!! (un-rideable). turns out my tps (throttle position sensor) packed it in. my dealer will not warranty anything on my sled because of the turbo. so i tryed to order one and it turns out, almost every dealer in alberta and british columbia and spokane are sold out of these tps sensors. there is a back order and an updated version apparently. i did end up finding a store that had one in stock. just wondering how many other guys have had this issue, and why this is happening?

J

jhurkot

Nov 26, 2007
Revelstoke, BC
Mine is being replaced after being in twice for TPS issues. Just out of curiousity, how much is a TPS worth? Also wonder why you are being denied warranty on something that really has nothing to do with the turbo.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK
Mines out. They're back ordered at my dealer, going to check the others in the area. We tried to set it and it doesn't hold a setting. Mine was in for this stock as well.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I just replaced mine in my '11 also. Luckily had one leftover from parting out my
Dragon. It didn't have any dead spots, but the resistance was way off from the other one that I put in.

T
Jan 3, 2008
nelson bc
i payed $198 canadian plus $21 for shipping. plus i have to pay a guy to install it cause apparently you need a computer device to install it properly. the dealer (main jet motorsports in nelson bc) said because of the turbo NOTHING will be warrantyed. i did not by the sled from them.

C

cpatts2000

Jan 22, 2008
Winthrop,WA
Had work done on my tps today, covered under warranty, I would call another dealer and ask them what they say about the warranty on the tps. My dealer told me turbo did not effect tps warranty.

T
Jan 3, 2008
nelson bc
base setting for tps???

apparently the guy fixing my tps says the base setting is out so he needs to pull the carbs to reset the base seting. is this true or am i getting takin for a ride???:face-icon-small-con

gmustangt

Lifetime Membership
Aug 10, 2009
apparently the guy fixing my tps says the base setting is out so he needs to pull the carbs to reset the base seting. is this true or am i getting takin for a ride???:face-icon-small-con

well if hes telling you about "carbs".. hes taking you for a ride i wouldnt be taking my sled there if thats true.

you dont have to take the throttle body off to adjust it you can get at it when its on the sled. 8mm nut then a turn in or out woth your fingers.. i did mine with jltbo on here at the dealer.

Last edited:

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Removing the throttle body is stupid. Mine are turbos, so taking off the intake is easy after removing the seat and tank. This makes removing/ reinstalling the little spring in the tb's very easy. It also makes it easy to unhook the throttle cable, adjust the idle screw. It only takes 5 minutes to remove the tank and gives you great access. IMO, make your own tester and adjust yourself, if you are comfortable working on your sled.

T
Jan 3, 2008
nelson bc
what we ended up doing was taking off the tank , pipe, and secondary. we replaced the tps and did the base setting to .710. then we turned the little 8mm and alankey bolt back in till we hit .935. it's running stronger than ever now, but it is idleing super high. i'll go for a rip this weekend and see if the idle smartens up a bit.

Premium Features