• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1973/74 Factory Prototype El Tigre, Factory Mod Motor

C
Jan 12, 2008
1973 / 1974 Arctic Cat El Tigre 340cc. ( Serial # 4X0033 ) Rare serial # with "X' in it that indicates that this sled was built special at the factory for "Show use only". ( Everyone I spoke to thought that this is probably the only "X" El Tigre in existance ) Sled was probably sent from factory to West Yellowstone for Snow Show, to showcase what the 1974 Hood and decal package would look like. Factory "MOD Motor" as indicated by the "b" stamped on the cylinders. I was told that this snowmobile should not have been sold to anyone, but rather sent back to Arctic Cat and parted-out after show. The dealer at the time in Spokane, Washington must of convinced Arctic Cat to let him keep it and sell it ?

This sled runs REALLY REALLY well !!!...145 p.s.i. on both cylinders. You can clearly tell it has a ported motor by the way it runs...I have not driven yet, but I know this sled will pull hard. Clutch engagement was set at the factory at around 5,000 rpm's. Since picture was taken I have added an NOS cylinder head temp sensor to the Mag side ( Was not one on this cylinder from the factory ) Also, I added two K&N chrome tipped air filter pods to carburetors. ( Plenty of cfm's with filters and will prohibit any belt dust from being sucked into motor ) Really feel Cat should have provided some sort of air box from the factory, but they did not...

182.3 original miles. Came from the factory with 1974 Hood, dash, gauges, clutching, and factory deep-snow skid drop brackets on the front and rear of skid. 1973 295 chassis, 1974 Bulk Head, 1973 Seat and track. Have original 1973 Factory cover. I had the skis powder coated ( 50% Gloss level ) and the y-pipe and silencer ceramic coated. I added "340" decals to the hood as there was never a decal on the hood from the factory. I added " Arctic decal on rear tunnel with reflector and reflector on front bumper ( Both reflectors not shown in picture ) Original windshield. Sled is FLAWLESS, not as spot of rust anywhere. Sled was in Spokane Washington it's whole life, stored correctly in a heated shop with cover on and tarp over it also. Tank is flawless inside. Sled has been COMPLETELY serviced, All new gaskets, rebuilt fuel pump, carburetors cleaned, Chaincase serviced etc. Original Green factory Hyfax with no wear at all. Original Arctic Cat spare spark-plug holder in trunk. Original OEM spare belt.

I do have a means to ship this sled for you very economically also.

$3500.00

Feel free to contact me with any other questions you have. Thanks !

P1020034.jpg P1020035.jpg P1020036.jpg

Last edited:
M
Dec 9, 2016
Is sled still for sale

I'm new on this site.i saw your ad even though it's older I am just curios if sled is still for sale. I am looking for a 74 eltigre.call me at 2313137169 thanks.

Premium Features