• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Silencer/Can for IQ?

Best Silencer/Can for IQ's?

• Total voters

rmk2112

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2009
Kennewick, WA
www.northstar-plumbing.com
What Silencer/Can do you have or would buy and why?

I know there has been a lot of threads talking about different cans, but I've never seen a poll on who's got what and which is the most popular.

I have a HPS on my 06 700. I love the great "braaap" sound it gives off, especially at WOT. It's loud, but not obnoxiously loud.

Last edited:

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I prefer the performance and sound of an SLP pipe and can. Deep throaty sound without being obnoxiously loud. Why be our own enemy due to loud noise without any additional performance gain over a quieter system?

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I went with SLP because they are certified to pass Colorado noise restriction laws for Snowmobiles. Again, don't be our sports own enemy. HPS sounds sick, but they are too loud after a while, it gets old. SLP has good growl when on the throttle, quieter at idle, louder than stock, still passes sound regulations and they build a quality product that they stand behind.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I had a cpi, it was loud, It pretty much exploded after my first reflash. I went with a slp, it cracked and started coming apart from the inside. slp warrantied it and sent me a new one with no problems. the new slp can I have has a brace on the inlet pipe so it should be all good.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I initially went with the SLP silencer on the stock system to lose a few pounds without blowing out eardrums. I eventually bought the pipe (for stock 700 CFIs) and now that I have their 777 kit, I had to buy their 777 Single Pipe System. They use a different silencer for the 777 system.

Most important reason I went with SLP, is they are about a 10 minute drive from my house.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Elk Ridge, Ut

I know there has been a lot of threads talking about different cans, but I've never seen a poll on who's got what and which is the most popular.

I have a HPS on my 06 700. I love the great "braaap" sound it gives off, especially at WOT. It's loud, but not obnoxiously loud.

Where did you buy your HPS can? I want to put one on my '06 600 RMK.

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
Cans or Cans

I assume your just asking for a general opinion here as in sound, quality, fit, & finish? I like the choices of many cans but I have never seen any proof yet on the dyno that a can on a 800 CFI actually makes any more power then a stock polaris can.

I know there are pipes that make more power then the stock ones but the can seems to always loose power. Obviously the after market cans do weigh less that will add to less weight on the bottom line.

The stock polaris can for the 800 CFI is funny it is not to tight or to loose but it is some how pressure balanced which makes it work better hp wise. I have tested several pipes and cans on the dyno on my 09 D8 and my dyno sheets are posted here on the forum if you would like to see more info.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
The SLP cans are a little big compared to the HPS can. HPS has a nice rumble but does get loud when the valves open up. Had one on my D7 and D8 and really liked them.

bradlemieux7331

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2008
Shakopee MN
When I bought my 2010 rmk I went with SLP cause the dealer said it would be the best one to maintain back pressure. I don't really know but it did rip in the snowies

R

RmkMtnRider

Nov 26, 2007
Boise Idaho
Slp by far!!!
For me its about customer service and backing up their products. I have a slp exhaust on my D8 and i pulled the can off to do some cleaning and noticed a rattle inside. Sent it into SLP and within 4 DAYS i had a brand new can back on my sled. You cant get better than that IMO. 5 stars to them.

Premium Features