• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRO-RMK -vs- XP ETEC 800 head to head

Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
V
Jan 3, 2008
Eastern Wshington
Funny, after years of **** sleds, Poo owners are not wasting time in talking **** when it's finally possible Poo may have a sled that lasts longer than 500 miles :face-icon-small-sho

Hope they last guys!

S

SuperBad

Banned
Oct 31, 2010
Funny, after years of **** sleds, Poo owners are not wasting time in talking **** when it's finally possible Poo may have a sled that lasts longer than 500 miles :face-icon-small-sho

Hope they last guys!

What a really stupid comment. You must have read all that on the 4M right? You would be surprised just how few Polaris sleds blew up since the 800 CFI came out. Just ask the dealers how many burn downs they had. Ski-Doo's have had their own issues. Belt blow'n, drive shafts busting and nun's as strong as cheese. Try and contribute to the topic and quit with the bashing.

A

akhammer

Nov 26, 2007
anchorage, AK/ SLC Utah
What a really stupid comment. You must have read all that on the 4M right? You would be surprised just how few Polaris sleds blew up since the 800 CFI came out. Just ask the dealers how many burn downs they had. Ski-Doo's have had their own issues. Belt blow'n, drive shafts busting and nun's as strong as cheese. Try and contribute to the topic and quit with the bashing.

I bought a 09 Assault and had a failure with crank in 17 miles( towed back) and then at 118 miles I burned up the (PTO side Towed back). Sold it immediately. So I guess the 800 CFI did haves some issues, at least for me.

Last edited:
T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
I bought a 09 Assault and had a failure with crank in 17 miles( towed back) and then at 118 miles I burned up the (PTO side Towed back). Sold it immediately. So I guess the 800 CFI did haves some issues, at least for me.
my buddy sold his 08 xp with 1800 miles because he herd all the bad stories and got a 2010 rmk just to have it blow up in 260 miles now he's stuck with it.:face-icon-small-dis

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
It is fun throwing little jabs back and forth, but in reality, both Polaris and Doo have had more than their share of issues. Lots of guys have had great luck with the 800's from both camps. Other guys, not so lucky - no matter the brand. Over the past few seasons, I've seen at least as many 800 Rotax's grenaded as I have 800 Poos. Cripes, I ride an '06 900 Poo that I bought in Sept./05. Five full seasons of riding so far and it's never let me down yet. It's had a tow strap on it a few times, but always the back end pulling other sleds out. I got lucky and it's been a great sled but some others have had no luck at all with the 9's. It comes down to buying what fits you best and enjoy it. In reality, the only complaint I've had with the XP's is how tough they are to carve and sidehill with compared to the IQ's or M's, but that's just my personal opinion.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
As one that rides an 08 xp, I am excited to see how both sleds do this year in "Head to head competions." I will have one of the 2 in my garage next year. Didn't make the leap o faith on either, after experiancing a first year sled last time!

Ace

V
Jan 3, 2008
Eastern Wshington
You been sniff'n those paint fumes to hard again. People are reporting that the Po has the power to beat down a Doo and you guys are already backpedaling! Whatever...

Contribute...O, I see.. you mean like this:face-icon-small-con

All I'm saying is for a sled with the amount of problems the Poo has been having for what... 10yrs? The Poo guys are quick to start talking crap

All in fun really. I'm not brand loyal and will never be. Matter of fact, thanks to Poo AND the E Tec Doo.. I'm already feeling like my 2010 XP is outdated! Guess I'll have to rough it!

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
All I'm saying is for a sled with the amount of problems the Poo has been having for what... 10yrs? The Poo guys are quick to start talking crap

If you honestly believe that the Poo's have had any more issues than Doo's, you're either living in denial, or you've had your head buried in the sand. From the very first year of the Rotax 800, they've had more than their share of issues - rings, cranks, rods. Not to mention the overall sled issues - electrical, clutches, driveshafts. But all this still hasn't stopped you from talking crap.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
i had a 07 xrs 800 r no engine problems other than the primary needing rebuilding ever so often

7 guys in my pac bought new 08 xps, no one has had any engine or clutching issues since then

we all run them hard and no problems yet, going on over 6000 miles

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
i had a 07 xrs 800 r no engine problems other than the primary needing rebuilding ever so often

7 guys in my pac bought new 08 xps, no one has had any engine or clutching issues since then

Do you write fiction novels for a living ? If not, you should. LMAO !!!

C
Nov 23, 2009
I ran my 08 hard for 3yrs. Had a DJ kit 3rd ride out... NEVER blew a belt. I've bought 2 belts over 2800 miles (inc original 377). Got all the updates and never had an isssue. I just sold it one of my employees, that's how much I trust this thing! And to be honest... I hope the new etech won't make me regret it.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007

Like anyone would believe anything you wrote when it is concerning a Ski Doo:face-icon-small-dis Your bias when talking about ski doo is rediculous.

The 07's were either a decent sled or just a plain pile of sh!t with nothing but problems, I knew many guys with both, I'll give you the benifit of the doubt and say you got a good one.
But your story about all the 08 XP's is complete BS and you know it. I owned one and so did 10 of my riding buddies. Every last one of them had clutching and belt issues period. I was toasting belts every 100miles in the deep stuff. And the cluthcing was all over the place. It either had to be clutched for the trail or clutched for the powder/hills.
I was a die hard Ski doo guy growing up on the since the old 97 500 summit. I am still partial to Ski Doo I will admit that but after my Xp I was a little pissed off and I wanted some more power so I went with a Turboed Yammi.

Premium Features