• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New flash

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Has anyone used this map on a turbo d8 yet? Having a hard time getting the bottom end lean enough at r's less than 5500. Wondering if this is the ticket being that I am unable to cut fuel with my current box.

I ran mine up to temp and shut it down several times and didn't have the flooded hard to start problem that I had before. The main reason I went with the new flash was for the flooding problem and the det sensor being so sensitive. We'll see :eek:

B
Aug 5, 2008
Sweetwater, CO
anyone riding higher elevations w/ new flash?

My 09 assault has a terrible mid-range bog, but we ride at 8-11,000 ft. Will anyone chime in with how the new flash is working at similar elevations.

A
Nov 26, 2007
The word from slp is that the new reflash is only a little richer in the mid. It may cure some of the stumble problems but we will have to wait and see.

S

slopoke

Nov 11, 2008
Montrose, CO
Is the new map for all 800's or just 08 and 09 models with the 2010 update? From what I am gathering there have not been many problems with the 2010s? No problems so far with my 2010 -- should I still go ahead and get the reflash? Thanks.

M

metallicat

Nov 27, 2007
Rugby, ND
Is the new map for all 800's or just 08 and 09 models with the 2010 update? From what I am gathering there have not been many problems with the 2010s? No problems so far with my 2010 -- should I still go ahead and get the reflash? Thanks.

And 2010's. Trust me, my 2010 has problems too.....:eek:

A
Nov 26, 2007
This is from another site. Hopefully with Jim's approval,if not I will remove it. I just feel it is a very important peice of information.

Here we go again!

I've gotten preliminary autotune PCV maps with this new flash from Casey and Wayne, and it looks like Polaris added midrange fuel but not nearly what we autotuned and added with the prior flash for the PCV maps that are posted on my website. But the new flash should suffice for the guys who just want to ride stumble-free, and are not concerned about top end power.

Preliminary WOT autotune numbers from Casey and Wayne with this new flash appear similar to what we've been using to lean out the fuel (adding 10-12hp) with the original 2010 flash. PCV and III maps you can see on my website are pulling as much as 10% fuel. But before recommending a top end WOT fuel reduction % I would like to see (and listen to) that on my dyno first.

So for guys who get the new flash should wait for proper PCIII/V leanout that I can only feel comfortable doing that on my dyno (out of commission until next week), especially since it is reported that the new flash has greatly reduced sensitivity to deto before it protects. Guys who ran too lean at wot with the first 2010 flash just had the deto light come on, no damage, then clicking a few more percentage points of top end fuel would eliminate that. So I need to lean out a reflashed D8 on the dyno until I can make it click audibly to see how the ECU reacts (we watch that with digital wrench software while we listen to the copper tube clicking).

Casey is reflashing a spare ECU for us, and when the dyno is back up and running we can do and A to B comparo, then create optimal top end fuel to bring the HP back. Also I have an Aaen single to try as well as a set of CPI twins to tune for, and maybe we can get SLP and Jaws twins to create our own maps for too.

But guys who are using PCIIIs or Vs or Boondockers and are happy with the way their D8 sleds run should wait on the reflash if they can because we're starting over again. As we home in on new PCIII and V maps, we may want to have some beta testers with the new flash besides Casey and Wayne before they get posted on my website.

J

jetnier

Feb 19, 2008
Iowa
My Iowa dealer still says that they have not received and know nothing about a reflash for my 2010 Assault. They have had my sled since Sunday when i gave up on trying to ride in limp mode and dropped it off. Do all dealers not get the info at the same time?? If so, why not?? Maybe it's just another curse for being a flatlander!!

B
Apr 14, 2009
just got off the phone with my dealer in sk. they just got the info today and im bringing it in monday morning. hopefully this is it for trips to the dealer:confused:

Cardiac Kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2001
I saw the info on the new flash that Polaris sent out and the new flash is recommended for installation on sleds that were experiencing one or all of the following:

1. mid range detonation that limited the rpm to 6000
2. Upper mid range stumbles.
3. Slight hesitation on hard acceleration from lower midrange.

This is from my memory and I’m not as young as some of you so the words might be a little different the basic idea is there.

Based on this I think the comment mentioned above by a member from SLP that the flash is only adding a little fuel in the mid range is likely correct.

G
Just had the latest reflash done on my 08 D8. No stumble, it just rips. Rode it like a rented mule for 5 or 6 miles around home (3500 ft) and it worked great. Hope to get to Revy this weekend and try her in the steep and deep. So far so good...............

CS

L

Lano

Dec 15, 2007
Buffalo, MN
Reflash works!

I just got off my 09' Dragon RMK 155". The stumble or bog is 99.9% gone, I am not sure if the .01% is something or not. I only had time to run a couple of miles. Throttle feels very crisp, RPM's 8200 and pipe temp. 118deg. I will get more miles on this weekend and report. This is all at low altitude.
Lano

Nov 18, 2009
I just got my reflash. It had a low speed burble and a hezitation at 4500. Low speed burble is almost gone and the hezitation is gone. Feels like a LOT more midrange and upper yeehaww. Do not think i will need the pcv any more. Will half to put on more than 20 miles to be for sure. But it is way better!!!! IMO

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I just got my reflash. It had a low speed burble and a hezitation at 4500. Low speed burble is almost gone and the hezitation is gone. Feels like a LOT more midrange and upper yeehaww. Do not think i will need the pcv any more. Will half to put on more than 20 miles to be for sure. But it is way better!!!! IMO

Even with the PCV I get a little stumble until I'm on the throttle or until the fuel has a chance to run through. Not a problem for acceleration though.

Premium Features