• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpine Apex kits - pros and cons

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
Looking at an Alpine kitted apex and don't know much about their kits. It is a head shimmed sled with a 2871. What can you tell me about them? Thanks

T

Turbo Monster

Nov 26, 2007
Hinton Alberta
I run a Alpine on My Rx-1 and my Uncle runs one on his Apex.They are great tunning kits.However make sure it has the updated header or else it will cost you 1200 bucks to replace

R

Remmy

Dec 28, 2003
They are one of the best performing kits designed for the Apex. Instant spool up and crazy power.

W
Jan 4, 2009
Running one on my '03 RX1 and not a problem.Ultimate in support and help setting it up.They know their stuff and I know the guys pretty good there.
I researched and talked to others before I purchased mine, and would never go to another setup.Just my 2 cents

MR MOOSE

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2008
Gods country B.C. !
A buddy ran one on his apex and the response and power was awesome! Biggest con was he had to pack a fire extinguisher for the first year until he figured out all the things that could, would, and did light up. Once he got the heat problems all wrapped up it was the ideal sled IMO.

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
There is one already built in Wyo for a steal of a price that I was looking at as a backup sled so I just wanted to learn more about the Alpine stuff. My next new sled will be Impulse whether Nytro or Apex for sure. Just trying to get more educated.

Hand is weak but I rode two days. Hurts really bad after those two days but at least I can ride

L
Nov 13, 2008
salmon arm
I run an alpine kit on my 05 vector did the install myself with a couple of buddies no issues runs really good have a garrett 25 on with updated header and downpipe. the new headers and dowpipes have been on the market for the last couple of years with no issues. the fit and finish is [second to none] and the price is comparable to the other kits on the market, oh and after market service is excellent [ i should know i build the parts that go to make up the kits].

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
A buddy and I have run this kit for 3 years. Just make sure like any turbo install they used all the best connections for oil, coolant, and fuel and you should be good. Also make sure the fuel tank is not pressed right up against the header/turbo heat shield. There is alot of room to move the tank back if needed. Make sure and run good fuel but don't over octane it. Some places will tell you straight c-16, but I know they don't like it. We run about 50/50 prem and c-12 and no problems in almost 11000 kms combined.

W
Jan 4, 2009
Ohhh, and also....antifreeze DOES burn LOL!
Just when it's installed and running, do severel close checks on all oil, coolant fittings after running it . I did my install myslef, followed the advice to a T and I only had to tighten my coolant return from the turbo just a smidge.Never had a leak of anything since,nor any problems. Also, make sure to use the correct length new header bolts, with "Nord-Lock" washers, even a small drop of Loctite blue on them. I had a couple bolts back out and was my fault for using the old factory bolts by mistake.

Premium Features