• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 151 is getting a 16", track drivers help

O
Dec 13, 2007
I have been doing some measuring before I start. It appears that my drivers all may need to be moved about 1/4" to be centered.

Has anyone had success in moving them a bit and how?

I hope this track is worth it, this has turned into a large project! New running board supports, new drop brackets, special bolts, now moving the drivers!

Thanks in advance.

OAN

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
I have been doing some measuring before I start. It appears that my drivers all may need to be moved about 1/4" to be centered.

Has anyone had success in moving them a bit and how?

I hope this track is worth it, this has turned into a large project! New running board supports, new drop brackets, special bolts, now moving the drivers!

Thanks in advance.

OAN

Your gonna love that track!! Night and day different between that stock doo track and the camo 16" wide. Take your time and get that track centerd in the tunnel, figure out how far the drivers need moved and mark on the shaft where you want them to end up. Using a press (I assume the drive shaft is out), simply move each driver the distance needed. Be sure to remove a little off the chaincase bolt heads (the ones right in the path of the track edge). Also, add a spacer washer between each end of the skid attach points to "spread" the tunnel a hair for added clearance. I did all this to a 94 summit and had ZERO problems for three years and that track was the single best upgrade I did....along with a string of mods that I wouldn't have room to type.........I hope this helps!:D

O
Dec 13, 2007
thanks

Whew, I was hoping it was going to be that easy. Thanks for the confirmation.

I shouldnt need to add the washers. I will gain about 1/2" clearence between the new drop brackets and running board suppports. I will be changing out the bolts to button heads with a hex drive in the chaincase.

Same here too many mods to list, mostly invovle weight loss and power addition. Seemed liked the right thing to do.

Now I hope I am gutsy enough to "ride it like you stole it" a few times.

Thanks for the imput

OAN

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
You should really spring for a set of extrovert drivers if you have things off, makes a heck of a differance with rolling resistance.

O
Dec 13, 2007
Spring is sprung

I would have liked to, but I had to draw the line somewhere. I guess I would like to see my girls have a bit more under the tree than me having a 16" track and extro's.

I picked up 2 belts, gloves and boots for the Mrs., clutch pin kit for other sled, piston kit, new can, brackets I had made for the 16" conversion, and 10 gal. of 114 Oct. (15:1 needs some help in MN). Among other misc parts, I am glad I drew the line.

The shop that formed up my brackets has a hyd press that I can push the drivers where I need them which should simplify it some.

Thanks for the input.

OAN

F
Nov 28, 2007
Evans, WA
Instead of button heads you can get the REV chaincase bolts. Or, just grind down the existing ones 1/2 the thickness and call it good. That is what I did for my '01.

Premium Features