• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Excessive oil in 1 cyclinder

M
Nov 28, 2007
Wenatchee, WA
i have an 01 summit 800 that seems to have to much oil in it. when i took the pipe off of that cylinder i was able to atually poor out some oil from the pipe. riding thje sled it would be the cylinder on the right. i dontknow if anyone has had or seen this and has an idea of what it might be. would appreciate any help. thanks

C
Dec 15, 2007
Fargo
Is it actually oil or is it exhaust residue? If its exhaust residue the right (mag) side is probadly running rich. Check your plugs and piston wash to confirm this. If it is rich your needle and rich is probadly leaking alittle richening up the mixture. Hope this helps

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Bad check valve in the oil pump. Had a friend of mine that broke his crank after all his oil drained into the case over the summer, he got it started and when he wound it up it took the crank out because of the internal hydro-lock.

wardy

Premium Member
Jun 7, 2008
Central point Oregon
check valve,or inner crank seal that his next to water pump cavity ,,the cavity is full of oil for the water pump drive, if that seal goes oil will leak in to the crank case

Premium Features