• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chris Burandt on a assault

How is that for big news eh guys. Couldnt beleive it myself until I read it on SW. Cant wait for Slednecks 13 now lol. Oh and maybe this also means that we can expect a Burandt edition boondocker D8 from factory in 2011. Man I have butterflies already :D

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
I think we got him at the SLC snow show. Two days starring at this HAD TO SEAL THE DEAL!:D I wasted all that time and energy showing him the new cat boards.
Polaris.jpg

Polaris-RMK-IQ-RAW-155-163-Peformance-Partner-Sled-front.jpg

I kind of wondered why a cat guy was eye balling our buggy~!;)

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Love the quote about the wolfs, could not agree more. No doubt about it there will be a good selling point for polaris, and for boonedocker, if that is the brand you perfer. What I will be waiting to find out is why he switched, was it money, better service, or better probuct?

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Hay Rob, You have to watch out for those cat guys eyen the poo!! It would be great to have him on a polaris.
Did you ever get the measage I sent you? When are you coming to our part of the country, I just got home a couple of days ago. If you have the time you should make a preseason trip, we could all get together and tell lies and have some bevrage, over a nice mountain fire.

Last edited:

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Suitcase, I'm back and forth all of the time! We have the Spokane sled show next week and then things will calm down a bit and hopefully some snow will arrive to we can get to the FUN part of my job!

I'll visit with you then! I think there is a poker tournament in Pendleton all next week to I'll be in the country for that.

There is little doubt in my mind that the brand switch is 100% financial for the benefit of Chris and his family. All of the four brands make exceptional products for our environment. For the ultimate deep snow free rider I still feel like the RMK is the slight favorite but that guy can make any of them rip so I struggle to imagine that would be the issue with his direction. He's just going to have that much easier of a time doing amazing back country riding on the RMK.

It's about business and what is offered for his customers to ride without handicapping him the least bit in any of his outside competitive endeavors. The guy is arguably one of the world's best all around snowmobile athletes so it's neat that he gets to "write his ticket" and has options. There is still free style, hillclimb, as well as his free riding business to factor and Polaris has a quality offering in each arena so he's not handicapped by making a business decision along with performance.

G

G_dub

Dec 14, 2008
Downtown Boise, ID
Just to add my $.02 thought it was kind of odd when I talked to Chris this past week (my wonderful Girl bought me a 2 day ride with him in April but I'm using my rig) how he was picking my brain on my D8. I said the shocks suck and the running boards do too it is an easy fix. (BETTERBOARDS!!!!) Guess I should learn to put 2 and 2 together.

Greg

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
We can't make up our minds if we are going to spokane this coming weekend. I will more than likely be going over the hill this week myself.
I agree with that thought on Mr. Burandt, this is a post I made on another thread on the subject.

What comes to my mind is this ( does any body really know or can prove which is the best sled out there). Sled "A" my kick sled "B" today in "x" snow condition, But tomarrow sled "B" my kick sled "A" today. Everyone of todays sleds has its ups and downs. I would have to agree on the cat, I have yet to get on one that will perform with the other two brands (two stroke sleds) I see the cat running good for other people, or it is betraid that way. So just because Chris is rideing a polaris does not mean it is the best brand, And I ride one. I ride with all big 4 and there is no one time that just one brand is the best they all have there high lights, and they all have there dark days.

Just my two penny's

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
Just to add my $.02 thought it was kind of odd when I talked to Chris this past week (my wonderful Girl bought me a 2 day ride with him in April but I'm using my rig) how he was picking my brain on my D8. I said the shocks suck and the running boards do too it is an easy fix. (BETTERBOARDS!!!!) Guess I should learn to put 2 and 2 together.

Greg

I find this problem with the shocks on the D8 rather odd. I have 2 of these sleds and have yet to have a single problem with them, knock on wood. I know may people that have had bad luck with them, When and if I do start haveing problems with them I will go the the fox floats, But I must say that at this time I love the W E shocks on my Drangon. The only thing that I have done to my shocks is on the 08 I had them rebuilt this yr. that sled has 2200 miles on it. The 09 has 900 miles on it and so far there goood.
But there is no doubt in my mind that some one of Chris Burandt's caliber that he would want to change to the Float II.
Now whatch this yr. I will lose all 8 W E shocks.

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
I'd like to see it. I think Burandt would be a good influence on Polaris, and that's the type of thing that we need for the whole industry to improve, plus I can't knock a guy for jumping ship if an other company will pay him more.

We know that Rasmussen is getting paid by cat, but I doubt that burandt makes much money from riding a cat. I'd like to see Polaris start lining his pockets; Hell, he's deserved it.

I personally think the dragon is a great looking sled, but every time I see one on the showroom floor. it's litterally sitting on the floor. I haven't researched it but I thought it was funny that my local service mngr (to remain unnamed) commented on the walker evans shocks being pieces of sh!%.

So maybe they'll improve the shock, or get a contract with FOX.

T
Maybe there is Hope for Polaris. If Chris can make the Cats run like my Polaris did last year I will be REAL happy. Lets see, roll chain case to lessen approch angle, install REAL anti-Rachet Driver's, install SNOW ELIMINATORS (sorry ROB), Plug Headlight adjuster hole, get rid of the sagging WE shocks, and go ride and wait for engine to, seize twice, and have the voltage regulator go up in smoke. Also let's not forget you should clean your throttle bodys every 3-500 miles from belt dust getting in from the air box. And take your sled to your Dealer every now and then for the LATEST REFLASH. I wonder IF Chris will be second Guessing himself IF his customer's sleds are down waiting for pistons If the Latest UP-Date does not work??? I think it must of been Money driven for Chris to switch just hope it works out better for him than it did for me.

See ya at the Spokane snow show Robby:D:rose:

L

Letitsnow***907

Jan 9, 2008
Soldotna, Alaska
I think it is awesome that Chris Burrant is making the switch to Polaris. I switched to Cat with an 07 M8 and it has been a great sled with a few mods but I miss the wheeling fun factor of my old Polaris. I am getting an 09 Assault and couldn't be more excited! Hopefully I will be happy with the switch? Time and SNOW will tell;) I am with you Chris B! Probably not for the same reasons ($$$) but thats okay. Let it snow****

N

ne1cadrgn

Dec 10, 2008
Dawson Creek, BC
On behalf of all Polaris owners and riders. We will be looking forward to seeing Chris Burandts back country adventures featuring turbo Dragons or Assaults.

Cheers

MTNMAN800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Denver Colorado
Looking forward to seeing Burandt on a Polaris. I too feel it is probably $$$ related but nontheless it will be fun to see him on a Poo. Hopefully we will have some upgraded shocks / engine options under a "Burandt series" Dragon / Assult for Spring Snow Check.

K
Nov 29, 2007
kelowna bc
i dont care why chris is on a polaris..lets just see what he can teach us about them. just to watch him dance in the trees the way he did on cats gave me a boner. plus its a good move for polaris..maybe they will get it right on the 1st kit at the cat..lol

Premium Features