• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whos riding the "new" update??

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Its just not right that you boys in the lower 48 are out rallying and we in the cold north are still sucking dirt and 40 degree weather doing nothing but seat ridin...it just aint right....:(

you can blame that directly on all those who bought new sleds...andrew(akhockey), jen(blondz), and who else...oh yeah..all those boys who bought turbos....yeah..john(johny wick in ak), dougy(doug the danger), chuck(MAG), yep..I think they all need to get on their roofs and dance naked to the snowgods to realign the snowflakes............:D

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Yea, I jinx'd the snowgods as well, I'm glad I rushed to get the 2" paddles on the 010 Dragon SB...got the big w/s on too...kinda diverging on this 800 update kit post....those people shoulda never mentioned they've ridden already...:beer;

snowswat

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2008
Brighton, CO
I got the update completed on Monday. The sled ran awesome and had all the power I could want from the bottom to the top with no hesitation... when I backed it out of the trailer into the garage. Waiting on snow now.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I got the update completed on Monday. The sled ran awesome and had all the power I could want from the bottom to the top with no hesitation... when I backed it out of the trailer into the garage. Waiting on snow now.

Very nice review of it's trailer abilities. :beer; Man I hope it snows soon, this is getting painful. Let's try to steer this back to a more serious direction. :p

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
I cant speak to the 08-09 sleds getting the updates, but we did have the opportunity to put about 1000 miles on a 2010 prototype last year that had all of the updates, and had NO problems with any mid range bog, or any other issues for that matter (and we were instructed to ride it like we stole it...which we did!! :D ).

gerrman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Canada
First Ride

Put 35 miles on my new 09 163 today. Ran the road and then up the hill. We ran at 3000-4800 feet. Ran assume. Clean, crisp. It does have more jam than my 08 Dragon. Floats up front and Exits in the skid felt very nice. Going on Saturday again. New snow is in the forecast over the next few days. Just need more miles and I am sure it will get even better.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Put 35 miles on my new 09 163 today. Ran the road and then up the hill. We ran at 3000-4800 feet. Ran assume. Clean, crisp. It does have more jam than my 08 Dragon. Floats up front and Exits in the skid felt very nice. Going on Saturday again. New snow is in the forecast over the next few days. Just need more miles and I am sure it will get even better.

glad it ran good for you gerry...:beer;:beer;

P
Oct 26, 2008
Quebec
TTT,

To the lucky of you that already have snow....let us know how your updated 800 runs...

I still have to wait about a month before we have enough snow to get out..

thanks a lot

Stephan

T
Dec 20, 2008
cda id
We are going out in the morning to lookout. We have four sleds with new updates, going to break them in. I am new to the Iq chassis so i am really excited for this year. I will be curious to see if my my sled will run as good as my old escape. Both new and old Machines have Carls porting.

Z
Dec 20, 2007
ya, im still blaming the fact that i finally got a good sled, the ground is like its spring time, muddy and warm, I WANT COLD AND SNOWY!

I hope this year all the 800's are figured out, im definatley considering an assault for next year!

S

Scotford

Oct 1, 2007
NW Alberta
put 800miles on the 09 D8 last season with no probs,,, had the mid range hot spot...5500-6000,,, but hammered through it, when the mechanic pulled old pistons was no sign of any det, put new upgrade in and ran it on nov11th, noticed a better bottom end and a very crisp mid range, top end still pulling a nice 8300......all in all think they diffently have the problem solved...:D

hope this helps and hope all your D8 sledding this yr is with a big grin....:D

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I am not happy with the update on mine at all, I rode yesterday for the first time this year. First off my sled never pulled rpms no matter what I did last year, but never had the hesitation or bog that everyone talked about. But now this first ride this year after there fix it has a hesitation or studder right off idle, and a midrange flat spot that takes a second or two to pull through. The engine makes way less top end power still will not even come close to pulling r's. If you shut it off for a couple minutes and then start it and take off wide open it will only pull 7600-7700 rpms then after a couple more back to back runs it will pull 8100-8150, this is on the flat in tracks. When you start it it will occasionaly backfire also. I am at a loss not sure what to do, along with the update I installed the slp single setup, high flow airhorn, geared down to 2.27( maybe to low not sure yet, just trying) and adjusted the tps, it was off a little. The tps was reading .760 with butterflies closed, idle screw backed out all the way. I set it to .700, per polaris specs. The clutching is pretty much back to stock except I am running 68 gram slp mtx weights empty no rivets, and derlin washers in the secondary. Helix in the 40 deg. position and stock springs in the primary and secondary. I wish sombody could help me get this figured out as I love the sled and dont want to get rid of it. I just want it to pull smooth from idle to wot, and pull 8350 rpm min. I am tempted to take the 5 1/2 hour drive to carls cylcle and drop it off, then tell them I will pick it up when it runs right.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I am not happy with the update on mine at all, I rode yesterday for the first time this year. First off my sled never pulled rpms no matter what I did last year, but never had the hesitation or bog that everyone talked about. But now this first ride this year after there fix it has a hesitation or studder right off idle, and a midrange flat spot that takes a second or two to pull through. The engine makes way less top end power still will not even come close to pulling r's. If you shut it off for a couple minutes and then start it and take off wide open it will only pull 7600-7700 rpms then after a couple more back to back runs it will pull 8100-8150, this is on the flat in tracks. When you start it it will occasionaly backfire also. I am at a loss not sure what to do, along with the update I installed the slp single setup, high flow airhorn, geared down to 2.27( maybe to low not sure yet, just trying) and adjusted the tps, it was off a little. The tps was reading .760 with butterflies closed, idle screw backed out all the way. I set it to .700, per polaris specs. The clutching is pretty much back to stock except I am running 68 gram slp mtx weights empty no rivets, and derlin washers in the secondary. Helix in the 40 deg. position and stock springs in the primary and secondary. I wish sombody could help me get this figured out as I love the sled and dont want to get rid of it. I just want it to pull smooth from idle to wot, and pull 8350 rpm min. I am tempted to take the 5 1/2 hour drive to carls cylcle and drop it off, then tell them I will pick it up when it runs right.

cascade, do you have another dragon around? even a 6 or 7? if so try swapping the air sensor in the airbox...when the 08's first came out a couple guys had problems with the sensor getting contaminated...the way it runs sure sounds like the tps is off...does it die when you go into reverse?I wonder if the tps might be contaminated?..i used to get moisture in the tps on one of my mud trucks..it would run like crap from then on till the tps was changed(same kind of deal not pull r's, spit and sputter, truck could sit in the shop for 6 months and it wouldnt run right till the tps was changed....also polaris has a mention in the 800 tech tip about checking the exhaust sensor for out of spec and causing runability problems also....did your fuel filter get changed? if it didnt I would change it....hope that helps...mike

Premium Features