• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

teth air ?????

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
I like the idea of the wireless tether, but why not tie it to a beacon signal rather than some additional piece of equipment? Like I don't have enough on me already.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
These look like great items....

Any USA distributors?

I'm wondering how this differs from the AutoTether???

http://www.autotether.com/

boatsafe.jpg

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
If I read it right looks like they are $299 canadian, which is a little spendy, but I was going to get a pingle tether and they are 80 to 100.

Would love to hear from some who might have had one installed, but I am leaning this way.

M
Dec 15, 2007
Moyie B.C.
These look like great items....

Any USA distributors?

I'm wondering how this differs from the AutoTether???

http://www.autotether.com/

boatsafe.jpg

Looks like this one activates on either immersion in water, or 150 ft distance. I'm not planning on swimming in the winter, and I sure want my sled to shut off before it gets 150 ft away. Great systems for boats or watercraft though, especially the alarm feature for the kids!

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
What a great idea for ALL mountain sleds. Still wayyyyy too many people not wearing beacons. No beacon, no start your sled!
That would be a good concept, but there are times I ride my mountain sled without a beacon........ like in ND where beacons are not needed. lol

I agree tho Mule, would be a cool concept to integrate them all in one, one less thing to carry.

W
Jan 2, 2008
What happens if your pinned under the sled WFO and the track is grinding your face off? tethair says your still near the sled so it keeps running, a corded tether would kill the engine.

Last edited:

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
A regular tether is $35. No way I'd pay 300 for that.

I agree it is a fair amount of money, but you have to remember it would be a bit of theft security also if you forgot to take the key out.

Any convenience cost money LOL.

Looks like you can shorten the antenna to make it shut off sooner, but need to talk to them to verify this.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
What happens if your pinned under the sled WFO and the track is grinding your face off? tethair says your still near the sled so it keeps running, a corded tether would kill the engine.

what happens when a wire fails and the tether doesn't work? (Red & White, decemberish)

what happens when the d-ring you snapped it to tears off your jacket? (Rabbit ears, january)

what happens if you're wearing a tekvest but spear a tree so hard you still suffer severe internal injuries? (haven't had that happen yet, fortunately)

Plan for the most likely situations, but there's no way of guaranteeing 100% safety. Look at the label in your helmet, "No helmet can protect the wearer against all forseeable impacts".

Sorry, but no dice.

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
what happens when a wire fails and the tether doesn't work? (Red & White, decemberish) You kick youre mechanics arse!

what happens when the d-ring you snapped it to tears off your jacket? (Rabbit ears, january) Buy a new jacket.

what happens if you're wearing a tekvest but spear a tree so hard you still suffer severe internal injuries? (haven't had that happen yet, fortunately) You call life flight.

Plan for the most likely situations, but there's no way of guaranteeing 100% safety. Look at the label in your helmet, "No helmet can protect the wearer against all forseeable impacts".

Sorry, but no dice.

Just a little humor;)

I think Weekday Warrior has a valid point... This happens fairly often from my experiences.

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
Just a little humor;)

I think Weekday Warrior has a valid point... This happens fairly often from my experiences.

I contacted these guys when they were looking for sleds to install demo units on. No one ever got back to be or even said thanks for the offer but we found another sled. Then I got thinking about it anyways and totally agree this stuff happens all the time, say you tip or roll in the top of a chute, in a tree well, or in really deep pow on a hill And you are lying beside your sled but can't reach your kill switch, but you are close enough that the teth air says everything is A-OK but your throttle is jammed or all the oil is running out your sled. I will take a regular tether and be sure

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
id be afraid the batteries would die and i would not know it and there i am stuck in the woods

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Okay guys here is the low-down on the Cordless Teth-Air at www.sourceinnovations.ca A survey was done last season and as I recall only about 20% responded that they wore a corded tether. The Teth-Air is not claiming to out-perform the short shutdown characteristics of a cord tether but the Teth-Air is a device to allow you to become a better free-style rider as unrestricted movement is allowed. It just plain makes sledding more enjoyable. In addition, you can get on and off your machine without removing a cord every time. If you want it to keep running, simply hit the by-pass button on the receiver, stay in range or put your tag on the sled. if you want it to shut down, walk away or completely cover the tag with your other hand or put your hand behind your back and push the tag into the small of your back to cover it. Most likely if you were stuck under your sled, your tag would be or could be covered enough to shut off the motor.
Don't forget, you can have a very short attena length (1/2") if you want a short shutdown or a long antenna (2+") if you want to be able to walk up to 30ft. away.

As for price,

I would like to get the price down but realistically, we have spent many thousands of $ and 4+ years developing this product to be the most reliable and easy to use as possible. We have placed our first order for 500 units to be available approx. this September. We will be advertising on this website and in the magazine and will attend some Western trade shows. I don't expect to recover our costs this year.

For those concerned with battery life, don't be because the popular coin cell lasts 6 months and the LED on the receiver flashes RED for the last month when the tag sends the signal that it is getting low. just put a new one in each season.

The Auto-Tether for boats, in one of the previous posts is a good product and I talked to the developer last year. It works differently. It sends a shut-down signal when the tag hits water. The Teth-Air sends signals continually and if the signal is lost, it shuts down. This makes the product fail safe as it will always shutdown when the tag sigmnal is lost. It also does this within 1 second which matters when you are riding around trees.

Anyway, a few more contracts to finalize and a shipment is all we are waiting for to get going.

Oh yea, for those guys that offered their sleds for a photo-shoot and a free Teth-Air, and we did not pick you, I will offer $50.00 off when they are available. (I kept your PM's and email):beer;

Regards,

Chris

Premium Features