• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Globalstar Users look here!

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
As we all have been dealing with their shortcommings this last cpl yrs - Globalstar has put up this web page to let us know when to expect service in the area we are planning to be on a given date.

Just punch in your prox location before you take off for the weekend and you would have a cheat sheet for "in service" times.

Not sure how well this will work. I haven't used mine much the last couple yrs - but when I go to use it it doesn't want to work very good at all. Last I used mine I ended up hanging it out the winder and watching the signal bars and once I would git signal I would try to pull over and use it - but then by the time I would git stopped - no signal! ??? Eventually I did git my call made.

(I don't have a cell phone - but then I am hardly ever not here - and when I am gone - it's usually to where there aint cell service.)

They are saying yet aggin that they are launching new sats starting in Jan and have a whole new crew by end on the yr. But then I heard that two yrs ago. ???

S

SUMX162

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 29, 2008
I have tried this out, and it helps a little, but is still very unreliable. I have not been able to get out when there is supposed to be a 30 minute window of uptime. These available times also assume a full 360 deg view of the distant horizon. Overall, they are not even worth packing along. I now have a Spot, and am also trying an Iridium this weekend.

Premium Features