• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha key? Kill switch?

J
Jan 7, 2016
So the Alpha showed up. Pretty excited. Cant believe I'm back on a 2S!! Last sled was a Viper mtx.

So I went through the limited owners manual. Geez its pretty thin.
Anyhow. On the viper when I would use the kill switch to shut the motor down. It still drew a small amount of power. Enough to drain the battery over a long period of time. So I had to use the key for the most part. IS the Alpha the same? Any one know. I was kinda hoping for no key and just a kill switch. Like my buddies Doo Summit.

Jeff

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
So the Alpha showed up. Pretty excited. Cant believe I'm back on a 2S!! Last sled was a Viper mtx.

So I went through the limited owners manual. Geez its pretty thin.
Anyhow. On the viper when I would use the kill switch to shut the motor down. It still drew a small amount of power. Enough to drain the battery over a long period of time. So I had to use the key for the most part. IS the Alpha the same? Any one know. I was kinda hoping for no key and just a kill switch. Like my buddies Doo Summit.

Jeff
U don't have a battery so, its a mute point.
(Unless u have a 600)

Z
Jan 26, 2011
On the Two stroke models at least through 2018, the key does not power up the electronics until the motor is turned over, at leas that is the way it is on my 6000 ZR. They do draw power all the time due to the clock that is built into the gauge but it is very small amount of power. Just keep it near a battery tender and toss it on that like once a month or so to be safe.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
When a few clients snowchecked the A1- they could not get it with E start- and even though it states that it's an option.. It's not dooable..according to the local cat Dealer and Cannon Power.....
I know in the past it takes a different seat and tank configuration as that where the battery is at.... Hope someone tells me different- like to get 5-6 kits in.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
When a few clients snowchecked the A1- they could not get it with E start- and even though it states that it's an option.. It's not dooable..according to the local cat Dealer and Cannon Power.....
I know in the past it takes a different seat and tank configuration as that where the battery is at.... Hope someone tells me different- like to get 5-6 kits in.

RK Motorworks out of Idaho put ES on an Alpha. No off the shelf kit but they still got it done. There is a post on their Facebook page.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Ive said this on a couple other posts and I'll say it again, if you are looking to get E-start my advice would be put the word out, make a facebook post, talk to your dealer, ect. Theres alot of people who buy/obtain and E-start machine and want to ditch it, expecially with the fact that the A6000 doesnt even have a non-estart version. Pull both the sleds in a garage, swap the parts, bingo-bango. I know several RMK owners who have done this at no out of pocket cost to them.

Premium Features