• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 dragon trouble shooting

XCaSSAULT

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
I don’t have any experience with the plug caps.

Did u get the tps set right and idle up? Someone posted 1,600 plus minus 200. I like to be at 1,800 plus minus 50. A little extra voltage will help get the fuel there a little faster for better start.

Maybe capacitor is a little weak? not getting pump up to pressure fast enough. Should jump to 40ish psi on first pull.

I had time to mess with it a bit, I got the rip cord replaced and decided to have a look at the power valves because the owner said he cleaned them, crap if they weren't loose on the cylinder. I confirmed cylinder and pv passages were clear and diaphrams and gaskets were good. Sucking air or loosing vacume at the mating surface would account for loss of top end or intermitant not turning on, any way their on with lock tight maybe it's going to help.
I still did not mess with the TPS setting or crank up the idle, I just had the sled dropped off here again and got the ride report from after changing out the voltage regulator so I will get on it in the next day or two.

If u still have last years gas in then it’s a good ideal to put in some fresh stuff. I was chasing a hard start issue (10 plus pulls) and assumed since I had used stabilizer that couldn’t be it. After fresh gas 2 pulls. I almost started digging into the tps and a whole world of other things.:face-icon-small-ton

After 2 big days of riding last years fuel has got to be about gone. The dash it lit up now after replacing the VR and the power valves are on tight and the broken rip cord replaced- wouldn't it be nice if it just fires up in a pull or two lol, the new fuel filter is on order I will report back .

:juggle: I was hoping discovering then tightening the loose powervalve was going to be the magic cure, but not so lucky.
The sled got taken out Sunday and it still is hit and miss if it's going to turn on to full power when the throttle is mashed. Fresh fuel new filter, power valves and ports cleaned, new voltage regulator a new pull cord and 5 min up the trail the rear idler wheel breaks. I gues TPS power cord rig is going to get orderd so that the TPS setting will be another thing ruled out. I have set the pro TPS by honking up a 12 volt bat and confirming 5 v at the TPS.was hoping same procedure but no I get to learn new tricks lol

Premium Features