• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

need parts for snoscoot long track project

T
Dec 20, 2008
I have Two scoots and my bud has two more, looking to long track a couple of them as the original tracks are feeling some age and are pretty pricey.
Should be able to do a long track for about the same I would figure.
If anyone has some Kimpex 04 108 m19 drivers I would be interested.
I have a machine shop available so adapting rails and cutting down track shouldn't be a problem.
A friend offered me an old Yamaha Phazer for donor parts. Anyone used one of these for a conversion?
How about modifying an existing drive axle to fit? Anyone done this with success?

Looking to put together parts and maybe do one this winter.

Thanks Guys, Love this site.

U

utah340six

Dec 4, 2008
the hard part will be the drivers I sold my last set for $100 each wheel.
look at the phantom axel to see if it mite be usable
it has octagonal drive shaft then the drivers not an issue

T
Dec 20, 2008
I'll have a look at the axle, since the old kimpex drivers are no longer around this looks like the easiest way to go. Mill down a octogonal axle.
anyone have a scoot axle to compare to the phazer.
some dimensions would probly help.

T
Dec 20, 2008
Picked up two sets of drivers, gonna cut down a few sets of newer rails my buddy has laying around the shop. He has a couple of tracks around too. After having the kids on the sleds this winter I realized that I have a bit of time before they are ready to handle the deep stuff. So I have put these off till summer. I'll document the build and post it when I get them rolling.

T
Dec 20, 2008
Had a low compression problem on one of them. Pulled the top end and looks like the rod bearing gave up the ghost. Put a roller pin through the piston. Bummer.
So who has done a different/bigger top end and what can be done to hop this motor up to handle the bigger track. Planning a better front suspension and plastic skis too.

Premium Features