• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shock Valving

fasta76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2008
Lumby,BC
What are guys liking for Float 2 valving upgrades for the proclimb? Im 220 without my gear so i find my shocks a little soft in the rear on the bumps on the trail. Not looking to spend $2000-3000 on new shocks just wanted to see if anyone has had luck with a re-valve.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I installed one of the old M-series Burandt kits in my rear skid shocks. I am 260 without gear. My biggest gripe with the stock setup was I would get a bucking sensation from the rear track shock over big single bumps and rollers if I was not on the gas with the weight transferred to the rear. I believe I pulled one shim out of the upper part of kit's suggested valve stack on both the front and rear track shock to stiffen them slightly to start with. Rear is pretty good now, but the front needs a little stiffer high-speed dampening still. I think this is the most economical option for a decent upgrade.

The Tom's snowmobile SIK kit seems to be working well. I think that is the route I would go if I was doing it again. Replaces the front shock with a new generation float and adds an evol chamber to the rear with high-flow valving pistons and the new Fox bleed shim valving.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Toms kit works well. Have it on my '14. Went from pogo feeling to smooth like an exit shock for 1/2 the price. Best feeling air shock I've ever used.

Premium Features