• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

overheats

Jan 22, 2011
utah
Ok boys i have a 2001 polaris 700 Rmk i was riding it the other day and it got hot and the light came on. I packed it with snow and it cooled down and did good for about 4hrs then it went into limp mode and i babied it back to trailer. I checked water pump belt and all good so i took it up again and i started it and it got hot in about 5 min and the light came on i shut it off and checked coolant all good and have pressure in it. Any help on what am i missing here?? Thanks

Rockpicker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2011
Miller, SD
Is it circulating coolant? Feel your running boards, are the right and left both warm? My guess is either thermostat sticking or you have an air lock in the rear loop.

Jan 22, 2011
utah
Overheats

I am getting no antifreeze up to my bleed off screw. I will check what you have said and see. How about radiator cap not good will this cause no fluid to come out air bleed off screw??

Jan 22, 2011
utah
Overheats

2001 Polaris 700 Rmk overheats. I raised the front end up and tried to bleed air off but I get no antifreeze. Ok so here's what I've done.

• * checked thermostat it is closed and works good.
    * Checked water pump belt good replaced
    * Took housing off and verified impeller good
    * Run water through all hoses no plugs.
    Ok put all back together started opened bleed off screw and still no water/antifreeze. Now I need some help any ideas e awesome thank you

Jan 22, 2011
utah
Overheats

Well after troubleshooting all that I thought was bad everything checked out good. Ending up being my radiator cap was only holding 7psi when I checked it needs to be 13psi.. Very timely lesson learned so if anyone reads this be sure to check radiator cap...?

Premium Features