• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Get your FIX for the RMK 800

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
I have about 150 miles on the fix after having the 2010 update done the season before. occasionally i the lean condition show up around 5600 rpms, when i never had it before. i tried a couple maps from dynotec and honestly could not tell much if any difference from my 2010 flash.

btw, only mods are slp can, vents and plugged exhaust valves. mostly running at 7-10k.

Snowbird,

Do you have the updated 2010 polaris map or the orignal stock 2008 polaris map that makes the most power. (I know the polaris map with the wrong pcv tune depending if it was pre 2010 update or after makes a huge change.)

Also I have seen aftermarket cans that were too free flowing cause a little lean spot as you described so have your tried the stock can to see if it is any different assuming that it is not your tune.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I have about 150 miles on the fix after having the 2010 update done the season before. occasionally i the lean condition show up around 5600 rpms, when i never had it before. i tried a couple maps from dynotec and honestly could not tell much if any difference from my 2010 flash.

btw, only mods are slp can, vents and plugged exhaust valves. mostly running at 7-10k.

Some sleds, and I repeat SOME, do not seem to run as well in the mid range with plugged exhaust valves. I'm not sure what your symptom is that makes you think you have a lean condition but you shouldn't be having a lean condition in the mid range with Dynotechs map in a Power Commander 5.

The first thing I would try is go back to the stock exhaust solenoid (unplugged). My sleds run better with hoses NOT plugged as have some other's based on reports on the forum.

Not sure why some run better and some run worse.

Which 2010 Polaris flash are you running? That will also make a big difference. Also, not sure if you are still running the 2010 update head. A 2008 or 2009 head or aftermarket head will really compliment that fix kit.

I have been running the first 2010 update flash with the PCV and Dynotechs 162 HP map. Perfect runnability.

You could also try SLP's map. I realize they made the map for a SLP pipe but I have tested this map with the stock pipe and various different brand silencers and it works very well on a stock piped motor. And this is checking plugs, and monitoring AFR's and EGT's.

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
Some sleds, and I repeat SOME, do not seem to run as well in the mid range with plugged exhaust valves. I'm not sure what your symptom is that makes you think you have a lean condition but you shouldn't be having a lean condition in the mid range with Dynotechs map in a Power Commander 5.

The first thing I would try is go back to the stock exhaust solenoid (unplugged). My sleds run better with hoses NOT plugged as have some other's based on reports on the forum.

Not sure why some run better and some run worse.

Which 2010 Polaris flash are you running? That will also make a big difference. Also, not sure if you are still running the 2010 update head. A 2008 or 2009 head or aftermarket head will really compliment that fix kit.

I have been running the first 2010 update flash with the PCV and Dynotechs 162 HP map. Perfect runnability.

You could also try SLP's map. I realize they made the map for a SLP pipe but I have tested this map with the stock pipe and various different brand silencers and it works very well on a stock piped motor. And this is checking plugs, and monitoring AFR's and EGT's.

i'll give the slp map a try and unplug my exhaust solenoid. it certainly idles rougher when plugged.

the updated was done with the PO in february or may of 2010, so i'm unsure which flash i have.

i'm also not positive i had a lean condition but the symptoms seemed similar to others who have claimed a mid range lean. somewhere near mid 5k rpm's the sled would fall flat for about 1 second. it would cause problems for me when sidehilling or climbing in the trees.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Supposeable they released one as late as 2011 ?? another $450.00 well spent on the 2010 .

J

jim9006

Sep 7, 2008
Cle Elum WA
home.comcast.net
FYI: you can get some information on the maps on the polaris diag website: http://polaris.diagsys.com/index.php

Look at downloads section and there should be some release notes that document the changes. Be advised that there is a lot of info that has no relation to the '08-'10 Dragon.

UPDATE: Never mind... I just took a look and all versions and information on 3.2 and 3.3 ( those were specific to the '08-'10 dragons) are gone. However I do remember posting most of that information in the past. So you're going to have to use the search engine if you want it.... Or you could just ask me.

Last edited:
Premium Features