• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 800s TRUE HP !!!!!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
95 posts 10000 views and still no other actual stock hp numbers ,all I want is someone else's hp report . WHY wont slp give it when they know it ?? I have my opinion but will share it at a latter time!!!!!!

Just to make you happy.:face-icon-small-hap I was waiting to reach post # 100

DTR 150 h.p. Box STOCK with all the updates.:cool:

If you had a dynotech subscription (for only $25 annually) you'd have this info 2 weeks ago along with the REAL results of the SLP pipe, bmp pipe and PC III;)

More stuff to be tested soon (2009 800) as soon as the weather gets colder.;)

Also testing the new 600 RUSH 2+2 :face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
T
Dec 18, 2007
Dynoed at 150.1 with all updates also Jim suggested that it will make less slightly LESS HP in normal winter temps.
148ish??

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
95 posts 10000 views and still no other actual stock hp numbers ,all I want is someone else's hp report . WHY wont slp give it when they know it ?? I have my opinion but will share it at a latter time!!!!!!

Post #87 shows whats what...

Kraven- I edited my post with better info...not from memory...LOL-BJ

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
The dyno graph painted a better picture for me at least. Some of the pipes were a little sketchy in the power delivery dept. They made good high RPM HP, but it was a roller coaster getting there.
The SLP pipe gave the best overall gains. Smooth power delivery from bottom to top with nice mid range power increase.
The interesting thing is that after the update, the mod 09 head with a fuel controller almost net the same.
I have to be honest, I'm not real comfortable posting too much of this data. Dyno Tech does this as a business. His 25$ per year fee is peanuts and well worth it if you like to research. His tests are very well written and done in a systematic step by step fashion.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
The dyno graph painted a better picture for me at least. Some of the pipes were a little sketchy in the power delivery dept. They made good high RPM HP, but it was a roller coaster getting there.
The SLP pipe gave the best overall gains. Smooth power delivery from bottom to top with nice mid range power increase.
The interesting thing is that after the update, the mod 09 head with a fuel controller almost net the same.
I have to be honest, I'm not real comfortable posting too much of this data. Dyno Tech does this as a business. His 25$ per year fee is peanuts and well worth it if you like to research. His tests are very well written and done in a systematic step by step fashion.

Agreed and exactly on point.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Dynoed at 150.1 with all updates also Jim suggested that it will make less slightly LESS HP in normal winter temps.
148ish??

That's not exactly what was said.

Since the E.C.U. richens up considerably at temps below 30* and the testing was done @ 50* he said MAY, not WILL, and I believe that comment was directed more towards the SLP set-up without the PC III

Additional testing to be performed shortly, just waiting on those colder temps and then we'll know for sure.

Last edited:

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Looks like a considerable increase. The new pistons seem to be the most responsible, but the update in general looks positive.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Does anybody know of any other hp numbers released for the 2010 800?????????

Casey/Team Bayport Racing will be tested several mods on the 2009 800 and RUSH @ DYNOTECH any day now, just waiting on colder weather.;)

I asked them about testing the blocked off exhaust valve hoses and blocking off the coolant hose that heats the throttle bodies to see what the difference is and especially if the colder intake charge alters the A/F any??.:cool:

Last edited:
S
Oct 16, 2008
That's not exactly what was said.

Since the E.C.U. richens up considerably at temps below 30* and the testing was done @ 50* he said MAY, not WILL, and I believe that comment was directed more towards the SLP set-up without the PC III

Additional testing to be performed shortly, just waiting on those colder temps and then we'll know for sure.

Has the ECU richening theory been verified by anyone in the know or is it just hersay? I do believe it has different properties in different environments but to say it richens it considerably without knowing what percent at what temperature is kind of a guess no?

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Don't want to be an az but chez read the whole sentence guys, it's not a known outcome thus he stated in a precise statement that he would do it again at the cooler temps to see the outcome plus I believe he'll do again in dead of winter and if the maps need changed they will be made available for free, this man is a class act not some hack, by the way i questioned the hugh difference in piston size as we have seen absolutely none of that and Jim said some one from Poo talked to him also and offered $200.00 a piece for these small pistons also sent him a diagram on how to measure pistons, take into account that Casey measured the pistons not Jim and not bashing Casey either, i personally can't wait for the cool temp results

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Don't want to be an az but chez read the whole sentence guys, it's not a known outcome thus he stated in a precise statement that he would do it again at the cooler temps to see the outcome plus I believe he'll do again in dead of winter and if the maps need changed they will be made available for free, this man is a class act not some hack, by the way i questioned the hugh difference in piston size as we have seen absolutely none of that and Jim said some one from Poo talked to him also and offered $200.00 a piece for these small pistons also sent him a diagram on how to measure pistons, take into account that Casey measured the pistons not Jim and not bashing Casey either, i personally can't wait for the cool temp results

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^X2

The first guy I read about (approx 2 months ago) with the major piston to wall clearance issue was "PhatBastard" on H.C.S. who is/works @ POLARIS dealer, his post was in mm, when converted over to inches was within .001" of Casey's dimensions.

Found it:

From H.C.S. Sept 10, 2009 Phat Bastard:

Did another 800 today.I miked the pistons I took out and compared to the new ones...Old pistons=84.62 new=84.85..Holy crap thats about .008" diferance betweenthe two.Piston to cyl wall is .004 so this deffinatly tightened these motors up.

When you do the math it actually comes out to .009" So that was .013" piston to wall on the old set-up??

Last edited:
M
Dec 14, 2008
we raced last night

2 2010 assaults against 2 2010 800 cats !!!!! It was a clean sweep for polaris !!!!!!!! then all excuses began !!!!!! we raced 660 ft consistantly winning by 1 to 2 lengths !!!!!!! you guys are correct hp doesnt matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no more hp questions

Last edited:
Premium Features