• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cutting the Fat - XP

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Corey, I can try to get ahold of the guys that used to do my dirtbike stuff and see if the would be willing to do something. We could see if the could lay them up in Kevlar to save a little, I had a Kevlar set for my rev and they held up well.

DB

M
Dec 3, 2008
Grande Prairie AB
just a couple thoughts: if your sled weighs 400lbs wet(and this is very low assumption) and you weigh 200lbs and your gear weighs 30lbs and the snow that gets packed on your sled as soon as you start riding weighs 70 lbs, it seems that losing an extra 15lbs is not such a big impact anymore.

that being said I have a can, timbersled intake, boss seat, float evols and I did take out the foam and un-needed brackets from under the hood. somehow after all this my sled doesn't miraculasly go where no stock sled can go.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
While we can certainly debate the merits of heavy sleds, packs, etc... That's not my goal here.
I have a Yami Nytro that can go pretty much anywhere the XP goes, but there are differences.
I am simply trying to strip this sled down to the bones, and replace the bones with lighter bones.

I'm about 180lbs, I do ride with a pack, but it's pretty minimal, just necessities IMO, certainly not 30lbs. Riding clothes, helmet, etc.. are standard fare.

Skinning this sled is kind of a fun project beyond necessity of course.

Thx for all of the input so far!

I had a good call with C3 powersports on the CF stuff - should have some more details from them soon.

;-)

MD.

Last edited:
Premium Features