• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Renegade Backcountry X - Can? Clutching?

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
2010 Renegade Backcountry X 800R

Brand spanking new sled in my garage.... looking for input on upgrades for what does/doesn't work b4 the snow flies!

Can:
Looking for weight loss, deeper sound, maybe additional power... suggestions?

Clutching:
Looking for better acceleration, higher track speed in powder, and lots of backshift... suggestions?

Note: Trying to limit myself to minor upgrades that are easy to undo, should i need warranty work.

I'm open to other modifications with the above mentioned note in mind.

I ride in elevations from 0-3700 90% of the year, 3700-6000 the other 9.9% of the time. All backcountry as groomed trails(for the most part), don't exist up here in Alaska.

Last edited:
R
Sep 7, 2008
Ya ok, the can i can see doing beofre trying it. but the clutching come one. you might like how they have it clutched. I wouldn't start spending money on that until you test er out first. just my two cents.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
2010 Renegade Backcountry X 800R

Brand spanking new sled in my garage.... looking for input on upgrades for what does/doesn't work b4 the snow flies!

Can:
Looking for weight loss, deeper sound, maybe additional power... suggestions?

Clutching:
Looking for better acceleration, higher track speed in powder, and lots of backshift... suggestions?

Note: Trying to limit myself to minor upgrades that are easy to undo, should i need warranty work.

I'm open to other modifications with the above mentioned note in mind.

I ride in elevations from 0-3700 90% of the year, 3700-6000 the other 9.9% of the time. All backcountry as groomed trails(for the most part), don't exist up here in Alaska.

For low elevation I recomend SPI cans...and I have a clutch kit that includes the adjustability of a SHOCK WAVE adj helix...any day any snow = correct clutching...BJ

Premium Features