• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo XP Video And Info

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
For those of you who get into the Ski-Doo forums should be familiar with the info and the kits, but I thought I would post here for others to see.

Dave Halverson

UOTE=DWHalverson;1596731]We did our final testing on the kits this weekend and everything went good for the most part. Had an issue with a $15.00 exhaust gasket so boost was limited to about 5psi. This is all part of the game for us though. After too many times on and off and use it finally gave up. We had another used one, but same thing there too. We found a slight disformaty in our flange that wasn't helping at all and this will be addressed this week. Jetting and clutching was good, sled ran very good all day. Changed reeds and went back to stock just to check some things and the stainless steel ones I had in were more responsive. The turbo reeds will be getting made soon and the response should be the same with those reeds. We tested at 10000' and temps were in the 60's and we just had a good time. The video should be coming this week. We tested on a small hill and the results were surprising. We tested against a semi stock XP and my M-7 Cat @ 12psi and the turboed XP, even with a major boost leak and only making about 5psi would give the Cat a run on this hill. The XP would come off the top @58mph. The M-7 never was a stump puller and the clutching is setup for big boost so it takes a while to get it going. The XP-T is just like riding a NA sled, you can wick the throttle and it will burp over bumps. It is super responive. Boost for boost the TM-7 will have no chance and any bossted M-8 I don't think will be a problem either. They just don't seem strong on the bottom end either. The test hill was a little tight for 2 sleds at the bottom, but the video should give a good indication of how things compare.

Dave Halverson[/QUOTE]

Here is the link to the Video Dave. Sorry it took so long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fVonQJiTtU

Nick

Premium Features